Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had my 115pd put on puter and the dealers says advise map sensor changed then retest. it could be 3 things maf or map sensor well i changed maf myself so now i need to change map sensor myself and have it retested. it could possibly be turbo

the printout actualy says

2 fault /notes detected

17965 p1557 035

turbo/supercharger overboost condition

control limit exceeded

sporadic

17978 p1570 035

engine control unit disabled

any advice you lads could give me would be great ie can i do this map sensor myself ? what is it and where ? THANX porx

·
Registered
125 Posts
me and you have the same model of car and the same problem it would seem... ive replaced my MAF and i still get the same issue!!! the boost drops off when it happens and the car performs really slowly until you turn it off!!! once you restart it all is ok and it pulls like a train again!

what im asking is did you have any lights come on the dash when this happens cos i get no lights come on at all!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i get no lights at all come on. now ive changed the maf it seems ok but i did take it to dealers still hence comments above

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crickey why cant we edit posts ? anyhow its my maf ive changed and they say i need to try changing map sensor then retesting

·
Registered
796 Posts
you can edit posts. hover over the pics at the top of your post and one will come up "edit". its the icon with a tick

edit - this one
Posted Image

·
Registered
125 Posts
thats the same with mine the new MAF has got rid of the flat spots i had but i still get this over boost into safe mode issua i just hope my dealer finds what yours have found and will be bale to sort it out!!!

i should have more info today when they have finished diagnosing!!

scott

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just thinking dealer said it could be 3 problems maf map sensor or turbo.going by the error code but i changed the maf so would it still show that error code. not knowing ive changed it because it hasnt done the fault since any ideas ?

now out of frustration and boredom and the fact i thought i should be doing somthing i went and bought a n75 and fitted that cost 29 quid and a few pence as he gave me a little discount. triued to speak to a technician but no chance of that [:(]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Porkster - Ive replied to one of your other threads in detail about this topic - mines done/doing the same as yours two - and mines now having a new turbo fitted.....

The vanes are coked up in your turbo im guessing - as ive done all you have done ie MAF & N75 (mine threw up the same code) to no avail.

A friend of mine did tell me about this stuff you spray in your air intake (disconnect & remove MAF first tho) - hold it on 2000rpm - spray 1st can in - takce car for a rag (make sure its warm b4 u do that tho,yeah) come back - spray 2nd can and take for a rag - its meant to remove carbon deposits etc and generally do the engine/turbo a favour - maybe worth a try b4 u shell out ?200 on a turbo or look att removing it yourself (gulp)[V][V][V]

good luck

·
Registered
125 Posts
hi just keeping you informed...

... mine was very similar to yours... mine according to the delear did do what i was explaining to them on a test drive all be it on the second run but it did do it... they traced it to the boost solenoid control valve which is being replaced as we speak!! hopefully this will cure it as it controls the boost levels and stops the car from over boosting which apparently mine does!!

the part was ?33 and about a 1.5 hours to fit (cough cough bull s**t) anyways its a waranty repair so i dont care!!! as long as it sorts it!!! if it keeps doing it i guess ill be looking at the turbo but some how on the sheet they tested that and it was in good working order!

scott

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes it would appear to be Scott - my vlaves were only partially jammed ie - when they got to a particular part they would jam....the car feels fine around town etc....yeah?

i BET YOU WILL NEED THE TURBO BUT HOPEFULLY NOT-OPS caps sori

The N75 took me 15mins - in the snow.........only half my fingers working properly!

1.5hrs - VW UK must love the warranty claims[:(]

Just make sure u get it all done b4 the warranty runs out m8

Happy days.....

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Where's this boost valve(N75) located? and what's the part number please?

I have a surging problem around 1500-1800 revs, it seems to come on boost very strongly, then the turbo feels like it's boost is being reduced. Quite difficulty to drive smoothly - as there's a hesitation as the boost is being pulled (it's just at my change gear point) if you floor it then it's much smoother and doesn't hesitate.

If I could try one of these valves, it'd certainly be better than changing the turbo!

..... thinking is it any good putting a 150PD valve on? - more boost - more power?

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah around town in the low gears it would pull like a train it seems only in higher gears when pushing her on the motorway does this fault occur!!!

im hoping this will sort it but i can reproduce the problem anytime i want so ill be checking it out on the way home tonight, fingers crossed its all good but if not ive got another 2.5 months on the warranty!!!

scott

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hows it going now scotty ? mine seams fine im still worried sick that somthings up though. was wandering if the fault the dealers puter showed was my old maf being faulty and it dosnt recognise ive fitted a new part if that makes sense. il live with it a few weeks and see if the fault rears its ugly head again

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Quote: posted by Richard W on 01/03/2005 10:34:47

Where's this 'boost valve'(N75) located? and what's the part number please?

Anyone?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
richard ive tried looking for a good photo of the engine bay for 20 mins but cant find it.its here or on tdiclub.com good luck in looking it is here somewhere anyhow its on the fron bulkhead on the right with 3 black pipes and an electrical tester held in with 2 ten mm nuts there is one to the left similer. hope i helped. but if ya can find the pic your on a winner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts