Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a long weekend and news of my promotion, (in a months time) [<:eek:)]I will have to get a derve! Otherwise I will be paying out of my _ _ _ _ !! for petrol.[:(] So TDI it has to be. The supra is still on the cars but will be a weekend car. But first things first, I have ?9K for a tdi, I have seen an 2001 Audi 1.9 se (have no idea of spec, terms abbreviations etc!) Black, for ?8200 any good? oh and it has done 45K miles IIRC, I?ll find the advert later on.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Sooo Derv guys what should I be looking for, because I WILL be in need for a remap/chip/ performance mods!! etc.. What are your recommendations?[:)]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
You should be able to find a PD130 for that sort of money, maybe even
leaving a bit beside for a remap. Not much goes wrong with them really.
Some have had dodgy turbos but not like on the 150PD's and it's likely
that you wont come across that problem.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers nick, how does one identfy the PD130/150's because I had a look on Autotrader etc, all they really say is Tdi, 110, GTTDI etc... also is it the same for Audi's (for want of not assuming)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Matte for the offer, but no streach aloud! as i'll be purchasing 2 cars TDI and Supra, so 9K max it has to be. I would also like to try an Audi, but if the badge- i mean the car deems too expensive then another Golf it will be!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Build sticker is the only way to tell for sure - I think the 130's are 96Kw and someone with better knowledge than me will say when they started building them - I think it was 2002.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Question, what type of milage should I be looking out for? I know the Dervs can go on and on but I don't want to buy on with tooo many miles on!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Build sticker and also, if your unsure, always look for 6 speed box, as you know it's going to be above 115 that way, then if it doesnt say, do a quick insurance quote on it from the reg using tescos or egg or something and it will tell you it's bhp.

Also, a good place to pick them up I have found which seems very reasonable in prices is www.cargiant.co.uk in London.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
mileage depends on how many miles you intend to cover a year, if you only intend to cover 10k and want to keep hold of the car for 3 years then look for anything upto 100k, if you intend to cover 20k per year then limit yourself to around 60k. There should be quite a few kicking about as the early ones will just be coming off contract hire fleets.

·
Registered
383 Posts
130, 96kw available on 51plate. (lad at work has one, it's upto 50k now) Cambelt due at 60k

150, 110kw available some time around late 51 to early 02 plate.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I take it your looking at the Golf or the A3 then. I've had a quick look at the local dealer for you but there is nothing under 10k unless you want a 1.4 [:)]

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I take it your looking at the Golf or the A3 then. I've had a quick look at the local dealer for you but there is nothing under 10k unless you want a 1.4 [:)]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers Steve, i've seen about 13 Audis on Auto trader, which I like the
look of so i'm arranging test drives for them, they ar a mixture of
TDi110 sport and TDi130 I've also been looking at
http://www.upsolute.com/eng/ because it will get chipped/remapped!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts