Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone thinking of watching this film?  it's apparently one of the most hyped up movies of the year.  i'd like to watch it soon. 

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I am going to watch it but mainly because the wife wants to, I would have cast someone else though to play the main role rather than tom hanks... when i read the book I didn't visualise someone like tom hanks..

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hopefully next week for me.  i'd like to watch it just for the hype despite the bad reviews on it.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
yeah i'm off to see it 2moro night. can't wait

actually when i heard about them casting tom hanks i thought he was pretty much spot on for the lead role.

hope they do the book justice

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Tomorrow evening for me unless J reports back after seeing it tonight saying its a complete waste of money!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My colleague has the book and she is happy to let me borrow it.  Guess it would be much better to watch the film after you have read the book to help you understand.    

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
just got back from watching the film.

Not sure why it got slated in the press, bit cheesy at the end but a very entertaining film.

Definately worth a viewing.

J.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Going to go see this next week!

Agree that Angels and Demons is the best. Probably the best book ive ever read, but i dont read that much apart from on holiday!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I went to see this last night and i thought it ws great, I did not read any of the reviews before hand but i dont see how they could criticize it o.k it left out alot of the detail that is in the book but hey they cant make a film 10 hours long can they

I have to agree with the above comments about Angels and Demons !!

Jay

p.s I was not convinced about Tom hanks playing langdon when i first found out about the cast but he did perform the roll very well

·
Registered
690 Posts
My company organised a "premiere" screening for us yesterday.

Haven't read the book so I can't comment on how faithful the movie is, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed by it.

Too hollywoodian, Hanks and Tautou weren't particularly good although Reno was excellent as usual.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just finished reading the book in 4 evenings and it's so enjoyable! I found it almost impossible to stop! Why aren't all books that easy to read? Anyway, I can finally go watch the film! Hehee...

I'd love to read the Angels and Demons book recommended by so many people. Some say it's even better than the code itself!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts