Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after my kind bank manager said yes, and DirectLine have kindly said they'll insure me until the end of the policy for a small fee... the hunt is officially on!

But..... what colour?? As im probably going to be getting an 03 210bhp model, im limited. They only made Black, Red and Yellow as standard. With a special 60 run of Platinum Grey (made a standard colour on the 225's).

I've sworn i'll never own a black car again..... the Golf drives me nuts. But... Platinum, although my prefered choice, is very very unlikely to find, Yellow is awful IMO.... but i really like Red. The only thing about the red is how it stands out - and with sitting on a main road im a tad worried. Then i think, well, its insured and everything..... but still.

So take yer pick, opinions please! [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
586 Posts
I like the Platinum myself. Iceman's car looks spot on in the flesh. Didnt they do it in Blue as well? Black does look really good though but not sure if I could live with the stone chips and it getting dirty every 2 minutes. I think the Red is as loud as the Yellow to be honest.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
like the grolsch man says, sthop sthop, no need to rush, wait and find the one you want.....platimum. thats the one to go for.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Also the problem with red is, after a while it look's a bit pinkish/flat and u have to keep on polishing and waxing the damn thing so not to make it look that way. Its hard work I can tell you as I had a red car before (pretty much from new).

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
didnt think of that, i love shiny red cars!!

Never had one though, my second is Platimum BTW, specially with some light tints!

·
Registered
586 Posts
hahah anyone who has owned a red car before will know what Im talking about. Its just one of those colours that after once ownership, u think twice about getting another car in the same colour. Still like you said, when its new and shiny its VERY VERY nice!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doesnt it just! I seen one only 30 mins ago .... looked drop dead gorgeous.

If only i could get over the fear of it living out on the street, id probably go for red to be honest!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote: posted by Tom R32 on 09/09/2004 15:48:26

Red.

Always love an in-depth s election! [:D][;)]

·
Registered
107 Posts
oh if you dont mind me asking -

What are the prices on these cars - around the 02/03 models - are they all 210 uptil the latest models?

Im seriously interested in one of these badboys!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I drive past Seat Windsor every day - last week they had a grey one next to a red one - in the flesh it is such a strong colour, and rare to. Red or black, but black is a pain to clean. Red with those wheels looks the business. Every so slightly smoke the glass - and you have it how I would have it - lovely jubbly!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I understand the 225 replaced the 210 around the back end of 2003 (53 plates). The early 210's go for, and its the cheapest ive seen ?13k. But thats still for a car which has barely hit 2yrs old and 20,000 miles on average. 225's seem to be starting at around ?15500 used.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts