Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Not sure about the pod guys, it just basically has a tiltable base and it is bolted through the bottom of the air vent. Great if your car is still in warranty as it can be removed.

I can take more pics of the pod if wanted?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Small update on things done:

Got the tailpipe cut off, a downturned piece of pipe welded on and put on my spare valance without cut outs. Going back for further work though, getting the hole where the second tailpipe came out of the box welded flush so it doesn't rub on my rear arb and getting a 3' to 2.5' adapter made as my exhaust is blowing a bit where they join.

Debating whether or not to remove the spoiler, as i don't intend to kit the car i feel it'd look better without it.

Still debating whether or not to put on the standard mirrors.

R32 steering wheel arriving early on in the week and thats probably it till next year [:(]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
They are Projektzwo, dunno where to get em as they were on the car when i got it. They come in at a wallet cripling ?370+vat though i believe [:(]

Added a strut brace too forgot to mention that [:D]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just a small update before it goes off to the paintshop. Got an R32 bumper on now, replaced the mirrors with OEM ones, got an R-line steering wheel, got the tailpipe cut off and a tdi style pipe welded in, original valance put on and a polished strut brace put on.

Terrible pics but i'll take some proper ones once it comes back.

Going to the bodyshop on sunday to get bumper painted, drivers side rubbing strip painted, rear valance smoothed and painted and some scratches polished out and a few small scratched areas resprayed.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
As you know, i am familiar with the car on a personal level !!!

I absolutely adore the look of the car - the wheels are much (x3) better in the flesh......they are actually a very dary green metallic.

The mirrors are beautiful - yes Projektzwo from the states IIRC - near 400 quid the pair in primer!

Did you smash one of them in that recent 'incident'?

Lovin the car still......keep the mods tasteful - you know it makes sense!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Quote: posted by MkIV Turbo on 03/12/2004 21:32:40

Car's looking good mate, the bumper's going to look the business once its painted. Are you going to put your slatted grill back on?

Yep putting the slatted grill on, don't have much choice as the bonnet notch has been filled. Think it'll look pretty mean with the debadged grille [^] If i pick it up next saturday i could nip through to aberdeen to talk dubs [:p] ?

Foxy, yep you know the car quite well [;)] Been trying to keep the car as close to how i got it as possible. I changed the rieger for the standard front as i never really got along with it. The standard one is now toast so R32 was the logical progression haha. Mirrors unfortunately got a bit of grief in my ditch incident. Rather than spend more money replacing/fixing them decided to go back to standard. May swap them in future for R32 items. Exhaust had to go, it was too much of a giveaway of the cars potential and it looks smoother [:D] Think it'll look good with the valance painted as the bumper will look a bit deeper alongside the R32 front. I love the colour of the wheels but the painted finish is a bit fragile for the roads where i live and it keeps chipping so i'm going to get them powdercoated satin black.

On the topic of the ditch incident, 3 people wrote there cars off there this week, suspected spilt fuel on the road. Looks like i got lucky!

Thanks for the comments [8D]

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.