Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is.

I bought it with some mods two months ago. Since then i've added cruise control, 6 disc changer, in dash cubby hole, w8 light, anniversary pedals, full anniversary interior trim, civic stubby, beetle sport door pins and have an R-line R32 steering wheel arriving next week.

Next mods after that is probably bora vents and an r-line gearknob. Next year its gonna have to be a FMIC, big brakes and some turbo work perhaps [?]

Not doing any body mods as i sort of prefer it this way. I will probably colour code the inside of the black badge though.

I know already opinions will be split on the wheels/mirrors but i guess its one of those things you have to see in person [:)]

Enjoy! I have been!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
No, actually I quite like the wheels [:)] Needs proper slamming tho to get the full effect (NFS styleee)...

Mirrors, umm ok i think its because they are slightly upswept that i dont like them, if they were a little dumpier they would be ok...

Looking good tho, deffo coilovers would be next choice!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stewart, it has coilovers on the rear but shocks/springs on the front. I have the coilover shocks in my garage but have been debating whether or not to fit them to keep some comfort.

The wheel are masitalys painted a one off dark grey almost black colour with a dark green pearl lacquer that is visible in strong sunlight. I love them!

Here are some better pics of the mirrors and one showing the wheel colour in light. When no light is shining on them they basically look black. The mirrors are projektzwo incase anyone was wondering.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
766 Posts
looking good matey[:D]

so how u enjoying turbo power[:eek:)]????

deffo love a black golf with r/c/r's they look fantastic[8D]

what about anni front headlights??? would suit it so well[?]

wel done matey, good choice of car[:)]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Gerard,

Turbo power is awesome!!!

I think at one point the car did have anni lights but now it has OEM xenons theres no way im switching [8D]

·
Registered
782 Posts
As a rule i dont really like modified cars.

BUT !!!

Love i always like Black cars ! And that looks really nice with the black wheels. I agree with Gerard, Anni lights would suite the car (better than Xenons)

So, nice job. Love the wheels hate the mirrors. But you cant please everyone. Enjoy !

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: posted by R44MS_K on 31/10/2004 21:17:22

looking good!

i would lose the mirrors, add a 4mo front for starters...

I did think about the 4mo valance but decided i didn't like the thought of it not lining up perfectly. When i get an FMIC on im going to cut the centre vent down into the vent on the valance and have it smoothed together to allow max airflow to it.

I did get the feeling most people wouldn't like the mirrors (at ?370+vat they aint cheap!) and i also thought that OEM only mirrors were they way to go but i fell in love with these when i seen them on the car [:I]

·
Registered
782 Posts
Just to add, With the Anni Lights... What about the Anni Mirrors too. As they were smaller than the standard ones

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like your thinking Wish, the mirrors are a possibility.

I'd love the darkened look of the anni lights but i like the performance of the xenons too much [:p]

·
Registered
221 Posts
Are the mirrors manual adjustment ones or have they been linked up to the existing electrics?

Love the wheels (I have a set myself). I think they would look good in a darker colour on my car now too.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Looks cool man, nice motor, you must be loving the power increase! [:D]

Not sure about the mirrors though (?370!!?), remind me of US styling, I would probably sell them and maybe get some r32 ones. [;)]

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The car's looking really nice mate, don't think the mirrors look too bad. I really like where the boost gauge is, any idea what pod it is?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts