Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been a while since I posted up in the 'Member's Ride' section but that's due to not owning a VW anymore. I have moved to the Skoda pool now although still around on this forum doing what I do best, LOL!! So, hoping that you won't mind me showing you what I have now and what I have been working on for this season's shows:

The wheels have spent the last 3 months in my spare room waiting for some rubber, got the rubber on last week and this week I got the wheels on the car.......so here are some quickly taken pictures at work:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To pre-empt any questions they are 19" ASA AR1's (front 8.5J and the rears 9.5J) wrapped in 235/35/R19 Kumho's lowered on KW Variant 1 Supsension with 'Tinter' tinting all round 35% including a debadged rear end, OEM Sat Nav and OEM Bi-Xenon's.

I am now ready for the shows and with my home made bra (not pictured) (hate it or love it) I am looking forward to people saying, 'Is that really a Skoda'?

What do you think? Honestly?

Good or bad comments welcome!!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Let me be the fisrst to say... Superb! [;)]

Wheels and lowering really set it off.

Are there any rules governing the fitment of your running lights? I might have put them more in line with the rub strips at the front anyway.

Are they LEDs?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me be the fisrst to say... Superb! [;)]

Wheels and lowering really set it off.

Are there any rules governing the fitment of your running lights? I might have put them more in line with the rub strips at the front anyway.

Are they LEDs?
Thanks for that comment mate.

I assume that you are refering to the 'LED Side Markers' that I have fitted? They have to be positioned a certain height and depth into the car but to be honest no one would check. They are indeed LED's and comtain 3 amber LED's as by law a Side Marker light must be amber. I got them from Hella (no surprise there) and they come in a smoked, clear or amber lens version.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Why can they not come out of the factory looking like that? I really like what you have done there mate, any further plans??

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great mate. Love the rims - I have my eye on a set of these for my Audi Avant - very cool.

Scott
The rims were certainly a bargain when I purchased them, many thanks to Jose Golf!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why can they not come out of the factory looking like that? I really like what you have done there mate, any further plans??
Just like many modified motors that you see you always wonder why the designers weren't allowed to release this type of look over the standard!!

I am popping back to my garage on Monday night to get the front lowered a little as I am not happy with the stance and I have an OEM Skoda spoiler to fit on the front but apart from that the next mod I am looking at is a Dragon Box to knock it up to around 180bhp.

Just looking forward to Edition 38 and Trax now in September.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks good mate and this picture the car kind of looks like a a6??
A6 all the way mate, shame that it's not a real one.

Can I just say that your Bora is looking amazing mate, you must be so pleased with it, some massive changes since I saw you last at Awesome GTI!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Simon all you need now is a pimping stick! [:D] [Y]

It looks a world away from a stock example - well done.
Your not the first to suggest that Tabs!! If I had a ?1 for everytime someone has said that, LOL!!

Thanks for your comment and I have to say that your new rims look spot on mate, love the ride height and the size of the rims is spot on!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That looks fantastic.

The next stage ? Probably cost a bomb to do but either removal of the side strips and colour coding of the bumper strips or colour coding of all the strips would really finish it off nicely.

Oh.......

Seen these on the Hella site (MK5 style fronts for the MK4)

http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaCOM/WebSite/Channels/Drivers/Vehicle_specific_Products/VW_Golf_IV/Upgrade/Upgrade.jsp

I'm slowly warming to them, any ideas how much they cost ?
I know what you mean about the bump stips, it will be expensive and I would be worried that it will look too 'Beige'? Other problem is that on the rear bump strip the reversing sensors are inside it!!

As for the headlamps, drop me a PM or email me at [email protected] and I will sort you some information out.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Absolutely spot on Simon, glad to see the car with the show wheels on at last.

I can't think of any exterior improvements to suggest, I love the contrast of the the black rubstrips against the paintwork [Y]. With the tints, maybe some black b-pillars may look good, depends on what look you want. If interested, you can use black vinyl such as that from http://www.viperstripesdirect.co.uk/shop.php

Keep up the good work [Y].

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Absolutely spot on Simon, glad to see the car with the show wheels on at last.

I can't think of any exterior improvements to suggest, I love the contrast of the the black rubstrips against the paintwork [Y]. With the tints, maybe some black b-pillars may look good, depends on what look you want. If interested, you can use black vinyl such as that from http://www.viperstripesdirect.co.uk/shop.php

Keep up the good work [Y].
Thanks for that comment mate, I have taken my time but got there in the end, I think.

I know what you mean about the B-Pillars, you can buy the replacement parts from Skoda in Black so I may well do that, it might look a lot better but I may have to buy them next month now, LOL!!

Thanks again buddy!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
now that is what a Superb should look like - looks amazing mate, can't wait to see it in the flesh (well metal) - i think the smoothed or body colored rub strips would suit it down to the ground!!!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Your car looks great... really love the rims [y] i think the car looks nice with the black strips to complement it i would defo black out the b-pillars like jase has done on his golf and like my bro done on his golf also.. would complement your tints also.. [y]

Sat [y]

1 - 20 of 49 Posts