Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't believe it today when I opened up this months cop of PVW and found a mk4 golf with a Bora front end. Gutted!!!!

I sent them pics of my car overa year ago and they have the cheek to print "only two others in the UK".

I think its a clean enough ride, but it should have been mine.

Anyway it was the kick up the [email protected]$e I needed to get mine sorted so here it is with new rims.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next on the list of mods are lowering, R-LINE rear bumper and R32/Bora hybrid front bumper.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i cant see the pics but im presuming thats premiers BOLF? I was suppose to be doing a joint feature with that car for PVW but i couldnt make the date of the photoshoot. Soon though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Apparently "There are only two other Bolfs (Bora/Golf) in existance on these shores and Daves is by far the prettiest thanks to Steve and Dave Lorraines handiwork" As quotes on page 62 of PVW, personally Dubwarrior2 i would ask the Golf magazine to feature your car.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Looking good, is it just me or is the front higher than the back in terms of suspension? Or is that part of the bora front end feature? I admire anyone has has put the time and effort into changing their car this much! Would scare the wee wee out of me! Nice one!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Back is lower cos all four audi TT rims and tyres were in the boot, and I was trying to get a decent photo angle that didnt really work.

Will take some more shiny photos soon.

Thanks for kind comments. Am loving this car more and more every day.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ya Bolf looks sweet, Bora front sets of a Golf nice.

As for PVW, 3 things spring to mind when reading the article

E38

Premier

Steve Denton

I'm not saying the guys at PVW get a hard-on when any of these are mentioned but they do spring up alot in the mag !!!!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have to say that I agree with that last comment mate.

Over the years, I know that Premier have turned out a lot of nice rides and I have seen most of them in the flesh, but the only car of theirs that really stood out as being different was the raspberry coloured mk4 that they built.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't get me wrong, the car featured is nice and clean and well built and I am certainly not conceited enough to think that mine is feature worthy just yet, but I am just miffed that the magazine ingnored mine completely when I sent the photos. Even a feature in Readers Rides would have been nice considering I have bought the magazine from issue number 1.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
More modifications today to the BOLF in the form of 40mm lowering springs and uprated shocks. I have to say the handling is fantastic now, thanks to the venom kit.

The front OETTINGER valance is stupidly low now. I have no idea how people can get away with a 60-100mm lowering.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just need to sort out that R32 bumper now......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts