Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent most of yesterday cleaning the crate from top to bottom,taking real care not to miss anything.Jacking the car up,removing the wheels one by one applying that magic stuff called wonder wheels,you know really putting the effort in.Then waited patiently for the sun to dip behind the house opposite making polishing that little bit easier.All done proud as f*** then popped it away in the garage only to misjudge the parking and slam the garage door internal mechanism into my gleaming bumper leaving a dint the size of africa..... I ran out of tissues I'm telling ya.[:'(]

·
Registered
434 Posts
Don't you just hate it when something (that could have easily been avoided) is wrong or damaged and you know it was completely your fault [:mad:]

Nevermind mate, get that filler out! [;)]

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers all...I've done the angry,despair sad bit..Now I just shake my head manage a smile and move that fecking freezer the mrs insists on keeping at the end of my garage leaving little room for the only thing that matters...God it feels good to blame someone else...[:D]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Argh, hate it when that happens. I once reversed into a metal post. Afterwards I was kicking myself, WTF, how did I not see that? [:(]

Perhaps that's a good excuse for you to get an R bumper?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a pretty bad dint.Real awkward in a highly visible spot just above the numberplate.Went to Asda yesterday morning,deliberately parked it on its own with the back end on view.From a distance it looked ugly,I was gutted.!!

ITS GONE!!!!!.....I kid you not ppl,apart from a minute stone chip sized dint its completely gone..Yesterday was a fiercely hot day ooop north in Doncaster.It was on my drive,back end in the sun constantly till I put it away at 6pm.De-garaged this morning,it has gone,no more dint..Is it because the bumper heated up and when cooled it reformed to its original shape??.I dunno but I,m grateful to the tuetonic faries at VW for inventing such stuff...

I,d even scanned ebay for a replacement bumper..... stoked [:D]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Electric garage door and photo electric sensors - that what I have done [:)]

I was paranoid of it closing on the rear end of the car if I hadnt drove in far enough.

Now I just watch for the flashing red light to go constant and show all is OK.

If it isnt then the door will not function.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Grrr I feel for you mate - my missus bashed our recently purchased, otherwise spotless TDi 130 the other day- we have only had it for 2 months !!

She hit a post with the corner of the front bumper taking out a nice chunk of plastic -we've been quoted ?50 to fix though so not too bad

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Electric garage door and photo electric sensors - that what I have done [:)]

I was paranoid of it closing on the rear end of the car if I hadnt drove in far enough.
Now I just watch for the flashing red light to go constant and show all is OK.
If it isnt then the door will not function.
Hope your running Custom Code on that electric closer Gary to ensure the smooooothest possable opening and closing mechanisum!

teehee.... [;)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Hope your running Custom Code on that electric closer Gary to ensure the smooooothest possable opening and closing mechanisum!

teehee.... [;)]
Unfortunatly not [:(]

When it comes to garage doors I much prefer them to look faster on
paper than they really are - bragging rights you see, so Jabba it was
[;)]

If I ever want pure performance then I'll be sure to go for CC [:D]

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unlucky chris n lau...?50 sounds a bit of a bargain tho... Can I ask,wots that shiny stuff on your engine cover???..me like!!!!![:p]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

teehee.... [;)]

When it comes to garage doors I much prefer them to look faster on paper than they really are - bragging rights you see, so Jabba it was [;)]
Brilliant.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

teehee.... [;)]

When it comes to garage doors I much prefer them to look faster on paper than they really are - bragging rights you see, so Jabba it was [;)]
Brilliant.
Thats a good choice! at least you'll have motorsport proven reliablity! Thing is now you'll find that alot of other door manufacturers will copy your door opener... but its ok.. it'll take ages for one of them to get it right and chances are they'll give up and buy openers from you![;)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Thats a good choice! at least you'll have
motorsport proven reliablity! Thing is now you'll find that alot of
other door manufacturers will copy your door opener... but its ok..
it'll take ages for one of them to get it right and chances are they'll
give up and buy openers from you![;)]
I'll give you that one!!

(This time) [:p]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I remember helping Gary out with the install of the garage door opener. The idea was a good one but the practicality of it was a different matter, many parts were missing and of those that were present most had to be modified or replaced, the only part that was right was the motor and that was a bought in part just rebadged. It could have been worse though; he was considering AMD!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts