Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just 72 hours after coming back from VW, my car broke down again tonight in Basingstoke. The fault was "low oil pressure" again and the engine cut out. The car wouldn't start for 20 minutes and when it did, it was left with an airbag fault. I've already posted in another thread about the problems I've had with this car in the last 5 months but I've finally had enough. All faults are existing - all have apparently been fixed by Colborne - the supplying dealership. In reality, the car seems to be beyond help

Tomorrow morning I am taking my MD to the dealer to do battle - I can't cope with the stress of this car anymore. I even posted to Curley at the w/e that i'd give the car a week before it broke down again - it didn't make 2 days

[:(] and more than a little bit [:mad:]

·
Registered
965 Posts
OMG You have had no luck with that car, I feel for ya...let your MD deal with it and see if he will let you get that beemer [:p]

Good luck with it, keep us posted! [:D]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
OMG, Damian feel so sorry for you mate..

As you say go and give em hell mate this cant go on[:(]

Just seems one thing after another...

Best of luck mate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wouldn't thought it would be that bad... now I have to be careful to mine too, mine is about the same age to yours and probably the same production batch!?

Since the last time the oil light pops up on the motor way, I have a feeling I have to carry everything like an AA-man, ready for anything to happen....

Let's hope the "EOS" will be a better car...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Sounds like its time to get some graphics made up and a fault sheet put in the window, followed by a trip to the dealers on saturday when all the prospective new customers are in the showroom. Surely VW must take your car back now ?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Thats a bloody good idea! And if the dealer won't take the car back
then go get your ready made sandwich board from the boot of the car (if
you can open the boot [;)] and stand in the foyer for a bit [:D]

But on the serious side, it seems you definately bought a lemon. Such a shame too. Better luck with your next car!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't thought it would be that bad... now I have to be careful to mine too, mine is about the same age to yours and probably the same production batch!?

Since the last time the oil light pops up on the motor way, I have a feeling I have to carry everything like an AA-man, ready for anything to happen....

Let's hope the "EOS" will be a better car...
hello stranger ! I'm not talking low oil levels - not as it was topped up on Friday when the turbo was changed - I'm talking low pressure . My car has used 6 litres of oil in the first 7500 miles. When you get the low pressure light on - the engine stops to prevent more damage. I carry spare oil at all times but that isn't the problem

@Steve - that was my next thing ! We have a board meeting on Monday so I' m hoping for some joy with the Directors

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I would say that it could be a faulty switch, but if its drinking oil it could only mean one thing, its knackered, low oil pressure doesn't go away, have they carried out a test ? is it possible on a diesel ?

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the oil consumption has slowed in the last 2k - bizarrely at the same time that the "low oil pressure" warning started. Twice in the last 5 weeks. There is definately an electronic fault - I mean 8 airbag faults in 4 months ???? And whenever it breaks down / sops / doesn't start - its always left with an airbag fault.

Apparently VW have fixed that though...yeah right !

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think they have had more than enough attempts at fixing it, has someone from VW technical been to see the car ? we had a problematic Ford C Max that the dealer atempted to fix xx times, after speaking to the Ford Fleet Sales manager for our region it seems once you get the techincal departments involved then things start to happen. Tell the dealer that you need the car for your job and that by not having it is affecting your work, even say collegues use the car and they have refused to use it as they feel its always going to break down. Do you want me to try and find out if VW has a technical department you can contact ?

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i've told the dealer all that - it appear that the dealer is the problem too - I spoke to another dealer and he said that they would have taken the financial hit and replaced the car out of goodwill. Its been back to VW 8 times now - for a total of about 19 working days.

I'll see what happens tomorrow - I'm off to swear at the car from the bedroom window

·
Registered
965 Posts
Speak to VW Uk I know someone who had an issue with their car/dealer
and spoke to them they sorted evrything out for them! Worth thinking
about!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
have just come back - they have kept my car whilst they investigate further ( a minimum of 2 days ) and try and replicate the faults. They are going to give me a cost to replace the car - they had wanted to give me a 2nd had car but my boss wouldn't have that.

Told them I have no faith in the car and its impossible to put a price on that

Will see what courtesy car they bring me in the next few hours...and then see what they offer later today / tomorrow

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Demand at least a golf as a curtosy car... I did when i had all the probs with the last one.. I said i needed a 5door car the same size as the golf to get my elderly grandparents in (which i do) and they turfed the IT tech out of his golf.
Now I always get a 5door golf or similar when i get a curtosy car

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the courtesy car is coming from Europcar - I told them I need 5 drs so they'll probably bring me a convertible or a 3 dr like they usually do

1 - 20 of 102 Posts