Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...'Silver Spooler' on VW Vortex. Some new stuff it seems...different! Oh and its for sale

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Quote: posted by bigalvw on 03/12/2004 19:41:02

[:O]i think suicide doors look the dogs dangles.[:D]

Unfortunately they are not suicide doors, they are lambo style doors. Suicide doors open backwards like the rear doors of the Mazda RX8.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote: posted by Chris on 03/12/2004 19:44:45

People who butcher cars like the R32 and the Anni want shooting on the spot as far as i'm concerned!!

It's a 1.8T the guy's butchered, shame as it looked ok before the stupid doors and bonnet!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I hate to see those doors on anything other than a Lambo and they're questionable even then. What do you do with those in the average multi-story car park then? Perhaps they have gigantic car parks in the US with a lot of head room due to the Stupid Useless Vehicles (SUVs) that are so popular there.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry guys but its unique and wins my vote everytime,going against the grain always works.

Don't be scrared to be different.

cheers 4low

ps mirrors suck thou

·
Registered
574 Posts
Rims look ok due to the black bit on the bonnet, but personally i LIKE the front bumper and that the bonnet opens the other way, but i would have the black panel on the bonnet and would change the mirrors and wheels!

Agree with pope1 about carpark issue, but for some reason i think it sort of looks ok on that car, possibly becase of the rest of the styling!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It's different I'll grant you that, but i'm strangley attracted. Personally I wouldn't do that to any car but as I said I do kinda like it.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote: posted by Mikedav on 03/12/2004 19:37:20

Oh and its for sale

and has been for ages.............

Personally I don't like the new additions i.e. doors & bonnet. I loved the car how it was before, one of the best in the US IMO.

They guy seems to have endless money to throw at it, and in his garage nows sits a Lambo i believe.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
I like it, I think the doors and bonnet are just show gimmicks and if the car was photographed without the doors and bonnet open it would look a whole lot better. I've liked that car for ages [^]

For some reason I'm starting to sway towards this 'US' style thats emerging!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Not sure about that one. Personally,the black bonnet does nothing for me - i prefer colour coded all the way. Some people have way too much money to be spending on cars...Is it really worth all the time and effort just to have the bonnet and doors open in a different way? Last time i checked, my doors seemed to do the open/close function just fine (lol)

Still, 10/10 for having a different looking car.

I wonder how much its for sale for?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts