Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

That Old 2260'd Gora - End Of Life

404K views 5K replies 222 participants last post by  NorthernPhil 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

So.......

Received the pictures today, car looks good! Hopefully all will go well on Friday, which if is the case, will mean a long-ish train journey on Sunday to go pick her up....

Teasers....

engineo.jpg

A gen-you-ine PD130 engine in the processes of getting a service/cleanup...

wingwheel.jpg

And a wing......and wheel.....and bit of door...

Purchasing...

And just won one of these (no gauge) on ebay for £40 ish which i thought was reasonable. Monday i will be ordering a care-pack hopefully, which will include a newsouth boost gauge among other things...

159-1.jpg

Continues on PAGE 4-5

See less See more
#12 ·
I think my GT-TDI did, it had Monty2s on GT-TDI late-spec.

My mk2F Polo came with steels, as did my MK2, so they were correct.

And my mk3 came with GTI wheels, which was incorrect for a 1.6 Highline.

Oh, and my GTI came with Montys, which could of been corrrect.

So actually.....meh?

#22 ·
Any more [^^] so we have more clues? [:p]

#25 ·
As i've said lads. The main reason i'm not dropping any firm details as yet, is that there are still about 50 things that could go wrong between now and the purchase.

The sitrep at the moment is that i have seen the pictures, liked what i've seen, had news regarding the engine's service being complete and now am awaiting the news which is expected tomorrow around midday, regarding its MOT. (ED: that sentance hurts to read back due to lack of a break, but soddit im tired!)

Assuming she passes her MOT tomorrow morning, then tickets will be purchased, insurance will be adjusted, and b***$"s will be tripping i will be on my way up to pay and collect her Sunday.

If that goes to plan, then if time-permits, i'll hit up AB25's WLM in the evening (depends how desperate i am to swap some parts over, the stripping of the GTI will begin tonight).

Else if there are any complications, i will attempt to collect the day after.

Either way, the next 72-96 hours are sure about to get interesting...(although midday tomorrow is really where the penny is gonna drop....ya know......not like a bomb....but like dubs......cos thats what the scene says right?!!?.........drop dubs, not bombs......!?).