Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have sourced a 02 Anni just down the road from me at a Vindis for ?16,495 and its on 28k miles.

Posted Image

What should i be looking for? Any info appreciated[^]

There is also another 02 Anni on 26k miles for ?15.490 but thats at Robinsons 40 odd miles away.

Do you reckon i will get the Vindis one down to match the Robinson?

At the end of the day it all depends on what they offer me for the 172 i spose.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If it has got corroded wheels(white worms)get a new set fitted!!if they won't tell them you'll buy one from a stealer who will!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Seem a bit expensive to me!

Even if it is mint, im sure you could get one cheaper...... dealers always seem to drastically overprice the Annis and R32s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well they seem to be going for about ?15k for the 180 on Autotrader.co.uk Trade.

He is gonna give us a years warrenty too.

I will see if i can get him down from ?16.5k to ?15k ish as the one in Norwich is ?15.5 and they would take ?15k i reckon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
u could a brand new civic type r for this money which will outperform this car by some wy. 02 civic type r go for about 11000. much better value if u ask me.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
A CTR has nowhere near the refinement or individuality of an Anniversary or tuning potential for that matter.

I'll be interested to hear his comments coming from hot hatches like the 172/182.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I dont think you can compare the CTR to any 1.8T to be honest....... even the CupraR which seems to be tested against it all the time. Drive both and you realise just how completely different they are to live with.

·
Registered
385 Posts
How much?! Those cheeky $tealers... Shop around mate - you can definitely find some nice Annis for a lot cheaper than that! Just make sure the seller actually wants to sell! Some of them are such timewasters... <ducks>lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well gotta keep it short as were off out in 10 mins and i need to get ready.

Only had a little go in it tonight, the traffic around cambridge was a nightmare and i got stuck behind slow gits.

The guy has said thou, that we can take it out for a proper test drive tomorrow on our own. so thats a bonus.

The wheel are corroding so i will try to get that.

It still has almost a yrs manufactureres warrenty and they will give me 12 months.

He didnt give me a trade in price for mine tonight, but he is going to tomorrow, then i will see what his lowest amount will be.

Like i say, theres and exact same car in Norwich with 2000 less miles on it for ?1k cheaper so im hoping he will match that then start haggling, as this is what i would do in Norwich.

I will give ya a better account tomorrow after i have had a proper blast and sent it around a few twisties.

Smokey

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Good luck mate...make sure you get those wheels swapped.....Remember, if you think it's low on power, you will see about 220bhp from a ?500 Revo! [:D]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Having owned both types of anni. golf's(tdi and now 18T) I would say for 16K show me a car with so much extras and individualty other than the anni. golf! I test drove honda ctr and thought fast but need to thrash it all the time to have fun and crap mpg to boot! I also drove the cupra r and thought yep fast car but not the finish of a vw and for same money you can buy a anni. Had the revo trial prog. the other week and for ?500 what a different car, will keep up with most cars on the road and still return over 30 mpg! My advice would be to keep your eye out for low milage lady owner anni. like I bought and stay away from the dealerships as they will offer you crap p/x.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Crikey! - that is a high price.

Robinsons seem to offer "realistic" or even bargain prices (for stealer).

Bought my Anni PD from them, Wayside Stevenage couldn't price match - wanted 1k GBP more for worse condition and about 8k more miles.

8.5k miles 150 PD was 17,250 GBP from Robinsons (Norwich)

Sold it 9 months later with 17k miles for 16,250 GBP (with barely legal tyres and a service and road tax due [;)])

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Quote: posted by harvey240902 on 01/10/2004 21:24:14

yep but on a x reg!

I've seen quite a few Y/51 plate facelift models with about 40k miles go for 16k!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts