Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow.. played the new demo of that (old demo has been replaced with a new one in past few days)

This time I had gold membership. I loved it live!! We really do all need to buy this.. we could have virtual meets [:D]

Really cool the way you can just buzz around until you find people, then race em. Proper got my fingers tingling doing a few races!

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Haven't tried this one yet.

I'll have to download it from marketplace now. Looks good from what i've seen in the mags etc.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
As a game, its a total social life wrecker... even the demo is totally engrossing!!

Driving along a highway and having random 'blats' with other players is so much fun.... i cannot wait til the release on friday.

Basically they've mapped an island the size of Hawaii and its a free roam thing where everyone playing online is dropped on the island.... you can do whatever you like basically whether it be cruising around zipping between traffic, visiting dealerships and buying new cars, or racing other players for cash or cars... the demo has an hour time limit and is well worth a go.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Will hopefully be purchasing this on friday (brought saints row last friday) so will catch you online.

360 rules Ps3 for fools

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Checked my game account and mine has been despatched this morning :) cant wait!

Selling my Mclaren F1 i got by pre-ordering str8 away and will get the R32 and RS4 :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Well, im a big xbox fan. Always chosen xbox over playstations.But iv got to admit the ps3 sounded promising so i was actualy wating till the ps3 came out before buying a new console.

But thatnks to you guys n girls bringing this game to my atention i think im going to have to buy a 360 a.s.a.p!

I just watched the trailers on the website and iv got butterflys in my stomache! lol. I can't wait! The potential for UK-mkivs meets is endless!!! lol

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
£199 for the core although i would go for the premium at around £269 (quite a few offers on this around inc a game)

I bought the core for £210 and within a week realised i needed the HD (in fact to download the TDU demo) which ended up costing me £70, then you also get the wireless controller, chrome touches on the console, HDMI? cable. and probably a game at that price

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
hmmm might be a pressent to myself from myself soon i think. dam and i wanted to swap my car for a tdi.

hmmmm [*-)] consol now and tdi a month later than hoping.

·
Registered
873 Posts
A question to the people who have played the demo.

Whats the driving style like? we talking need for speed style arcade? or grand tourismo style simulation?

Also read that you can create clubs for people to join and do missions with. So the uk-mkivs club it is?

[:D]

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i havent played NFS but lets base on burnout, i would say somewhere in between although this has changed through the demos and possibly in the final code, though they are saying the final code is more sim like.

I found it quite hard to control at first as was all out speeding everywhere, cant do country line driving at 120+ in a gallardo so is more sim like than most i would say. Mine's arrived today so time will tell when i give it a few hours :)

Yes clubs are available and you can buy a club house for members :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts