Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

So i was thinking, its been a little while since the last meet and thought it would be a good idea for a meet closer to end of month? Maybe a friday or saturday evening? Just a quick post to guage some interest. Let me know what you guys think!

Seb

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Good on you Seb - gutted I missed the last meet over the xmas hols! I'd like to make it to this next one, but can't always do evenings at the weekend. However, I'll try and make it whenever it is (as the end of month is plenty of notice!), but it'd be nice to get some daytime pics - could anyone do a sunday afternoon lunch meet or does everyone else need to attend to their families?

Dave

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah could def look into Sunday afternoon. Would be good opportunity to get some new pics for the forum! I got a few more mods to show off so im there! [H] Got my break lights sorted now so no risky convoys now as the others were well aware off! Tesco is a great spot i think as under shelter and donuts and coffee are a second away [:)] Hopefully the weather be better this time as it was horendous last time! Ctp will remember the aquaplaning!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Count me in......except Sundays are difficult for me as the Mrs works and I to look after the kids.

P.S. There is a Maidenhead meet this coming Friday evening at the Stafferton Way Halfords / Homebase / Maplin car park.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Count me in......except Sundays are difficult for me as the Mrs works and I to look after the kids.

P.S. There is a Maidenhead meet this coming Friday evening at the Stafferton Way Halfords / Homebase / Maplin car park.
hmmm wasnt aware of that one? where abouts is that car park ctp?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Didn't know about this one either. May come down as I have no plans for tomorrow night (other than a few tinnies with my name on!!!). What time are you meeting, ct.p?

I trust the car park isn't locked up at night , after all the bad press in the maidenhead advertiser about 'boy-racers' !

Seb - halford/maplins, etc are down stafferton way - just off the large roundabout before the train station in maidenhead centre. It's just opposite the mini garage, or follow signs for the tip (civic ammenity centre!!).

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't know about this one either. May come down as I have no plans for tomorrow night (other than a few tinnies with my name on!!!). What time are you meeting, ct.p?

I trust the car park isn't locked up at night , after all the bad press in the maidenhead advertiser about 'boy-racers' !

Seb - halford/maplins, etc are down stafferton way - just off the large roundabout before the train station in maidenhead centre. It's just opposite the mini garage, or follow signs for the tip (civic ammenity centre!!).
Oh bugger, just realised got the work "xmas" do tommorow nite. Sorry lads, cant say no to a free bar im afraid! Wheres the thread for this meet though as never heard about it? Def still look into meet nearer the end of month? Hopefully the weather may have picked up a bit by then!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Might pop along to this too, golf will be far from clean though [:(]

Is it best to park on the homebase side or halfords?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So guys, thread getting a little quiet so thought id put my foot down! lol[;)] Rite how is friday 26th for eveyone in at say 7???

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
I went to Tesco Slough yesterday ( the one in Brunel Way ) - what an utter toilet to get into. It took about 1/2 hour - and then there was no where to park. Whoever decided on that brilliant scheme needs to be shot IMO

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Gotta agree with u damian, its an absolute nightmare! I would advise against a daytime meet over the weekend as there will be cars everywhere and even more of those every so friendly security 'guards' we encountered at the first meet. Weekday evenings are are much better idea for tesco meets

1 - 20 of 58 Posts