Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One would assume that the temp displayed on the multi-function display is the exterior temp, and then you'd 'think' that the one on the climate control would be the interior temp.

But why so they always read the same?

Therefore prompting the questions why do you need to know the exterior temp twice? And why isn't the one on the CC the interior temp????

[?]Confused[?]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
nope cc is the exterior temp........but the large figure changes, thats the ones you set the interior temp to be....not what it actually is.....

·
Registered
874 Posts
The one on the left of the Climate display (small numbers) is outside temp, the bigger numbers on the right of the climate display is the temp you have the climate set to.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So why put the exterior temp on there when it is on the MFD?

Wouldn't it make more sense to put the 'actual' interior temp, as well as what you set it to be?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Don't get me started on this one again mate! I agree with you, it's the most illogical thing about the Golf. I can only imagine that there must be some applications where the exterior temperature is not displayed on the dash. Even so, I still think that the CC should have the current interior temp and the setting. Still, life goes on in spite of it [^].

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If you want the inside ait temp disconnect the outside air temp sensor, trouble is then you only get inside temp not outside [:(]

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
I presume its for people without CC like me! but I can understand why you think they should put the int temp on the cc.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i've thought exactly the same.

you're not alone!

although, i think it could be changed with those settings that the CC has - where you can get the digital speed? there is a website somewhere that lists all the codes to display certain functions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1.Press Fan Down, Temperature Colder, ECON at the same time.

2. Use the temperature control buttons to cycle through the various channels to Channel 16.

3. Press ECON to go back to normal. (It goes back automatically when you restart the car.)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Yes you can change it but as you said you have to do that every time (yawn) you start the car and the you lose the normal cc display. Not worth it IMO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
true, but someone asked...

i have a road angel which is deadly accurate apart from the gps delay lag.... gives me near real time on the road speed... very hand for the town ,and those lovely gentlemen with white hats, yellow coats and hairdriers.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I assume that the whole cc display is chip controlled. Would be so nice if you could just change the chip to display int temp instead... sorry just got into a little day-dream there. [^]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts