Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

tdi on new 19s, need help in convincing about tints?

5K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  31mitsy 
#1 ·
hope these pics come out, if so thats for the help bora tom!

anybody got a pearl blue La4G painted golf with light smoke tints, as im trying to convince myself to get some, i live in cornwall, is there anybody that does profesional tinting down this neck off the woods?

also need some really good polish to bring out shine in this colour car what do people recomend ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

See less See more
#3 ·
its a powerflow back box, i had made for me, as theres not alot of choice out there for diesels and the miltek twin tailpipe seems very lost in the space provided in the 4mo splitter.

its an 04 plate audi tt wheel, i picked the wheel and airbag from local breaker for ?30 (BARGAIN!), i was going to use just the steering wheel as its exactly the same shape as r32, BUT the air bag shape is different on vw and would not fit. my vw wheel was worn heavily so this made a cheap replacement! lol

#6 ·
anybody got a pearl blue La4G painted golf with light smoke tints,
as im trying to convince myself to get some, i live in cornwall, is
there anybody that does profesional tinting down this neck off the
woods?
Mate those RS6's look the nuts, really do look a lot better than ya old wheels in my opinion.

As far as i know there is nowhere in cornwall that does professional tinting, i think the nearest place is Plymouth.

Where in cornwall do you live?

#7 ·
Your car looks really good. I always loved the RS6's alloys. Probably one of the best OEM+ alloy you can fit on a golf.

What make tyres are you running (very nice tread pattern)?

With regards to tints, I am running 35% rear and 50% fronts, which gives a nice contrast. They were fitted by fellow forum member tinter aka Liam of L&M Tinting.

Posted Image

#9 ·
Your car looks really good. I always loved the RS6's alloys. Probably one of the best OEM+ alloy you can fit on a golf.

What make tyres are you running (very nice tread pattern)?

With regards to tints, I am running 35% rear and 50% fronts, which gives a nice contrast. They were fitted by fellow forum member tinter aka Liam of L&M Tinting.

Posted Image
the tread is kumo, not the best make in the world, but they are very grippy in the wet, the tread pattern is fantastic through large puddles as i found out on the way home to cornwall on the m5 yesturday, it was chucking it down!!

liking the tints on yours, i think id be better suited with the lighter tints as the old bill down here would probably pull me ova and have a stern word about it !lol

does your mate who did the tints do this service mobile?

#10 ·
Great great looking car at first glance it just looks like you've put
on rims and lowered it, then i look again and see all the suttle
touches like the rear v6 4mo valance smooth rear bumper r32 front
bumper etc... regards to tints heres a pic of my brothers old golf same
colour i think with tints..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sat

#11 ·
Great great looking car at first glance it just looks like you've put on rims and lowered it, then i look again and see all the suttle touches like the rear v6 4mo valance smooth rear bumper r32 front bumper etc... regards to tints heres a pic of my brothers old golf same colour i think with tints..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sat
i think i remember a while ago seeing that golf posted in the members rides section, looks same colour i think maybe a touch darker, ive got the same side skirts sitting in my bedroom waiting to be painted and put on, its convinced me the ani style was a good choice.

are they replicas or genuine? i bought some reps as they where only ?80 delivered from poland (bargain i thought!) guna hopefully fit them in the next few weeks along with some r32 mirrors ive recently bought from a fellow member on this site.

as for the tints ,i think thats a little dark for me ,im after a light smoke but thanks very much for taking the time to post them up for me.

#16 ·
Mine are Pentagon tints - 35% all around so you can still see through the glass. They charged ?210 at Manchester and did a great job.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
thats spot on mate, those tints really suit the car not to dark, so not fuss from the old bill! and ?210 is so cheap considering there are quite a few windows to do.

thanks for the pics thats got my mind made up!!

gunna post in the main forum like you said to see if anybody knows a place in plmouth who tints.

#17 ·
Nice wheels mate, exactly what I want to get too. Are you lowered at all? coilovers?
if thats a pic of your car on the side, that will look awsome with these rims on at that ride height, i wish mine was a 3 door !, they just seem to look so much fatter than 5 door's i think!

im toying with the idea of painting them dark grey anthercite, i love the dark wheel look, i think that you should go for the polished rs6 version they do they would really complement your kit+drop.

im well pleased with the rims, they sit just nicely on the arch, although i have got some 5mm spacers that im guna put on in time when i change the rear disks/pads, and paint all the calipers up nice!

the car is running on standard gt tdi shocks, with 40mm (i think) lowering springs, i bought them second hand off e bay a while ago, and the guy said they where 50mm, but i think its fairer to say its 40mm.

i want to get some coilovers, either weitec/fk, not decided yet, but i love the slammed look of 80mm plus!! lol

im all prepared with uprated anti roll bars so no scrubbing on the ARB, just need to find a cheap secondhand kit on the bay!

#19 ·
Looks dead nice mate , tints would be a good idea in my opinion. If you find a place that can do it they will be able to advise you on what is the best shade to go for to avoid getting pulled over but still get a decent tint. I paid ?180 for mine all round and the job is 100% perfect.
If you see people driving around by you with tints just ask them where they had it done if you get a chance,thats how I found the place near me.
Your car could be a bit of a street weapon with that VNT-17 on too!

#21 ·
Sweet!! wheels look great! nice touches too (although not sure about the stearing wheel!) The tail pipes and smooth back bumper are the mutts nutts!!!!! I'd go for tints but dont go too dark.
thanks for the kind words, it makes it all worth while doing!

steering wheel is a 04 tt model, that i picked up from the breakers for ?30 inc airbag (bargain) it has the same shape as R32 but when i fitted it the air bags are different, so i thought i might as well use the whole thing, plus my old leather steering wheel was quite worn, and looked a bit shabby.

i think your right i only fancy a very light tint, not to keen on dark tints they tend to make the car look a bit chav

#22 ·
Very nice looking car there mate! You are convincing me to spend more money on the smoothing of the rear bumper too... That looks great!

Here is a couple pics of my car in the Summer with the tints! Im pretty sure some how you can see what yours would look like with the tints! lol

I think its about 30% Smoke all round.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wez

#23 ·
hiya mate im loving the car! especially the recaros they look the business! ur not selling them are u ;) by the way just wanted to ask you where you got them fromnt vents from with the shutters i thought they only came on passats and boras, how much were they, thanks

#24 ·
hiya mate im loving the car! especially the recaros they look the business! ur not selling them are u ;) by the way just wanted to ask you where you got them fromnt vents from with the shutters i thought they only came on passats and boras, how much were they, thanks
thanks for the kind words, it makes it all worth while!lol

unfortantly im not selling the interior it took me months to find this set!, got it off e bay for ?820, its a 3 door interior so door cards dont fit, but im sure some will turn up eventually!

the vents are from a bora, they fit straight in place of the origonals, and when wired up come on red to match the other buttons.

i found them in a breakers for about ?10, but you can buy them on e bay brand new for ?90, or contact vw they might even b cheaper, you never know.

#25 ·
your car looks great mate, nice choice of everything, maybe some ani black headlights and badgless grille, not that im byass or anything! lol

thanks for the info/pics for sat nav, is there anywhere i can get the oem tv tuner apart from vag as i expect they want a small fourtune for it!

so if i get a dietz box, which antenna/boasters do i need to give a nice clear picture?

#26 ·
RE: your tints persuasion - have a look at the photos of Wez' car above, in particular the front ones. Look about 50% jobbies (maybe more), and could look good going round, esp if you don't wanna go down to 35% light let through or less, which is what the backs look like???

If you get the levels right, you could pull it off a treat [:D]

C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.