Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the forthcoming TDI 160BHP(?) as my next car but but does anyone have any idea how much it will start from?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
No details been released yet of spec,price etc from VW.

Could be out before end of year but will have to wait till nearer time for details.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[:D] Now we're talking!

I'm curious about how VW is gonna do with the exterior detailing to this model. Maybe somethang between the standard 140 look and the GTI?

Gti steering with TDI badge instead - that will be funny[:D]

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I think they have to do it in GTI trim just to give existing 140 model owners more of a reason to change. As has been already mentioned, the 140 plus a chip can match it for power.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think if its in GTI trim it will be about ?21k, if its in GT trim it will be about ?20k.

I would rather see it in GT trim, with a few extra touches; but I would be surprised if its not suited and booted as a GTI

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
personally, I hope they don't copy the details from the gti. Makes the GTI more 'exclusive' looking

·
Registered
874 Posts
It mentions on the official website in the GTI FAQ section that there will be a diesel GTI with 160bhp.

Saying it is a diesel GTI must mean that it comes with all the GTI styling kit etc, and I would be very surprised if they put it on the official site before they had given it a definite thumbs-up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I read somewhere (autocar I think) it would have its own 'unique' styling kit - not the GTI's.

Does anyone else know if the 2.0 engine is actually modified (like the tdi 150) - or just remapped???

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you look at the MKV GTI site, it does say there will be a diesel version, so looks like it will be in GTI Trim

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah, that was in the autocar mag this week.

It said it will have 170ps and its own unique styling.

...but as mentioned, on the vw site it says 160ps.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Quote: posted by col.mc on 01/03/2005 15:58:26

I read (on here) very recently that it has different piezo injectors, turbo and map

I saw the injectors but nothing about a different turbo or map..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts