Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at my car today, couldn't see what was wrong...i have THE ugliest tax disc holder EVER...what has everyone else got? Any decent ones out there? No chav suggestions please...[^]

Also, need to get rid of the stealer sitcker in the rear window...any hints and tips?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I had a 'Hyundai' dealership tax holder when I bought mine - No idea why . . . ?!?!?

There is a fella on eBay, think his id is 'UKSS' or something like that, drop him an e-mail - he does a nice alu one with 'VW' engraved on the back, much better than the resin ones IMO

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Rear sticker - hair dryer and stanley knife blade - heat it up for a few mins then it should peel off with the blade

Any goo remaining - petrol on a cloth will sort it

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote: posted by GeordieLife on 02/11/2004 22:39:11

Cheers MOB....i want my 2.0 off the back too...so it'll be hairdryer day sometime soon!

tooth floss is what i use to debadge the letters.

These Richbrook tax disk holders are very nice IMO. I have one with volkswagen & the vw emblem engraved on the back.

Don't choose a lary colour though, just one of the metal ones.

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Car_Accessories_Richbrook_Tax_Disc_Holders_67.html

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Use AutoGlym tar & glue remover to get the crap off & a stanley blade, it'l come off piece of cake then.[^]

I've got a richbrook "R32" disc holder, they dont do a TDI one so I thought that was the next best thing, got it off ebay...

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 03/11/2004 08:59:02

Use AutoGlym tar & glue remover to get the crap off & a stanley blade, it'l come off piece of cake then.[^]

I've got a richbrook "R32" disc holder, they dont do a TDI one so I thought that was the next best thing, got it off ebay...

And after all that p*** taking with the TDI v R32 post.. he's got an R32 tax disc holder ! [:p] [;)]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I've got a Hesketh Racing (old seventies privateer motor racing team, has a bear with a crash helmet and a union jack flag as the logo.. spose it's kind of a hint to anyone who knows F1 that I love it too) one.. never seen anyone who has one anyway [;)][:p] [:D] I managed to get a spare replacement off Ebay earlier this year and also got a vw one too.. have a look, they are available on there.

·
Registered
250 Posts
GeordieLife

Be very careful not to damage the heater elements on the rear screen.

WD40 can also be used to remove sticky residue & traces of goo, but you would then need to "degrease" with a glass cleaner afterwards.

Good Luck

·
Registered
250 Posts
To see a picture of mine Clicky here!

Sorry it's not a brilliant pic, but it was a bright day when I took it and there is a lot of reflection [8D]. That one is just plain black, but looks loads better than the sticky-backed plastic job that the stealer supplied with the car.

HTH

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by tylerama on 03/11/2004 09:59:31

And after all that p*** taking with the TDI v R32 post.. he's got an R32 tax disc holder ! [:p] [;)]

Only cos I couldnt get a TDI one, suppose It's the next level down but it does the job, for now..lol[^]

Taking cover, waiting for the R32 boys [B)]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 03/11/2004 11:40:10

Quote: posted by tylerama on 03/11/2004 09:59:31

Only cos I couldnt get a TDI one, suppose It's the next level down but it does the job, for now..lol[^]

Taking cover, waiting for the R32 boys [B)]

OUCH ! Fire in the hoooooooole ! lol [:D]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts