Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a tapping on first turn of key, its constant and stops as soon as i turn off the ignition. I have no fans on and econ is on. Any ideas? PD130

·
Registered
590 Posts
Got a tapping on first turn of key, its constant and stops as soon as i turn off the ignition. I have no fans on and econ is on. Any ideas? PD130
Could you describe it as a ticking sound? I hate to say it, but it could be worn followers or your cam.... :S

Tom

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been out this morning and its a clicking sound from around the airfilter box, the engine is turned off. At first i thought it was the cd player spinning up its that faint. But when you open the bonnet its louder in the engine bay..

·
Registered
590 Posts
Been out this morning and its a clicking sound from around the airfilter box, the engine is turned off. At first i thought it was the cd player spinning up its that faint. But when you open the bonnet its louder in the engine bay..
Sorry, interpreted your first post the wrong way :)

Tom

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Phil, i think the derv fuel pumps prime when you turn the iginition on. Im sure my old pd130 did anyway thats why i think it may be a relay for the fuel pump?

Peter

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope only does it on the first click of the key, stops when car is running. Is from around the abs pump.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts