Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at these for ages and the reviews i read basically said its a good well priced all round lense. Where others are better at short range or long range the tamron 70-300mm is good all through its range.

so after watching a few on ebay i thought id try jessops on the of chance and found it was 30 quid cheaper so i bought it.

anyone else got any from the tamron range?

i know its not the most expensive but for a novice like me im well pleased with it

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They're 99 quid aren't they ? I was looking at one but Chris ( ABM ) didn't rate them ( see the " sub £500 DSLR" thread ). I'd be interested to see some pics though as I got a d3100 yesterday.
Yeah they are. Unfortunately i dint speak to chris first (i know he knows his stuff)
but i did read loads of reviews and do research and like i said they all said good all round lense in this price bracket .as soon as i can ill tke some pics with it and see whats what.ill post em up so u can see.

Initial living practice shots im extremely happy with!hehe

·
Super Moderator
50,244 Posts
Why not take YOUR camera to the camera shop,take some photos with the new lens before spending any money,look at them at home and then make a decision based on your own observations?

Chris.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
i have the 18-270mm Lens and i've found it amazing especially considering the focal range. i did a LOT of research before i got it (as you should for any costly item) and it's provided me with loads of good shots from varying distances without having to change lenses. Looks like you will have to watch camera shake though as i dont think VC is incorporated into the 70-300mm. a tripod will help this though [Y]

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have the 18-270mm Lens and i've found it amazing especially considering the focal range. i did a LOT of research before i got it (as you should for any costly item) and it's provided me with loads of good shots from varying distances without having to change lenses. Looks like you will have to watch camera shake though as i dont think VC is incorporated into the 70-300mm. a tripod will help this though
Good to hear matey.and yeah i will be using a tripod so camera shake shouldnt be an issue.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why not take YOUR camera to the camera shop,take some photos with the new lens before spending any money,look at them at home and then make a decision based on your own observations?

Chris.
Very true chris n normally thats what i would do. However i really didnt want the faff of takin my camera in etc over the xmas period when theres a million people in there. I had tried afriends tamron lense and that coulled with the reviews i read on the tinterweb i was happy to purchase it straight off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
got a tamron 80-210mm on my sony. its awesome
Sounds like You rate the tamron then buddy?
Any pics? To show us?
A couple of pics, rubbish quality as first was taken through the frot room window and the second i was drunk...

The first pic shows Bokeh quite nicely though even though its only f4.5 at 80mm. i havent had my camera long. about two months.

Think someome asked if its image stabilising. its not, but my sony has steadyshot inside so no problems there. think you can get IS ones though.

My lens was an ebay £30 bargain

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
had to chance to give the car a quick swizz today so i thought id take a few pics for those that want to se what that lense is like

the car aint the cleanest i only rinsed it, but i thought they were ok. i have ordered a circular polariser but it hasnt arrived yet and yes i know my car needs lowering

Posted Image
new 2 by The Chuff, on Flickr

Posted Image
new 4 by The Chuff, on Flickr

Posted Image
new 1 by The Chuff, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 37 Posts