Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have lost 2 stone in sweat already [:D]

The bora is getting the full works today, pics will be posted later, but it's going from this...

Posted Image

Posted Image

to.....

What do people think I'm doing!? Taken 3 hours so far and I'm about half way through my plans, got to say though, the car is looking 200% better already, I'm covered in black and now covering my keyboard in black too [:)]

Pics later [:D]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
A good going over with wire brush and Dettol on every panel [:p]

Plates, badges, chrome removed and some black added to the grill?
oy, get your own ideas YOU! [:p]
Thats rich coming from you! Gave you every idea that Euro charriot of yours has got [:p] [:p]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
A good going over with wire brush and Dettol on every panel [:p]

Plates, badges, chrome removed and some black added to the grill?
oy, get your own ideas YOU! [:p]
Thats rich coming from you! Gave you every idea that Euro charriot of yours has got [:p] [:p]
u wish!! look at you trying to feed of euro slags glory! never never neeeeeevvvvveeeerrr!!!!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well some of you are close!

I have changed the wheels for some chrome, 3 spoke alloys, have painted the front grille mesh purple, debadged and re-badged with 'try it' and put a muffler system on the exhaust, you can here me from up to a mile away [Y]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL at Mike!

Anyway, heres some pics, now all it needs is a damn good wash.

What I have actually done is:
- Debadged the whole back
- Put the new alloys on and cleaned up the brakes while I was at it
- Had the grill off and if I take the V5 off it will wreck the mesh, so left it for now
- Put a stubby aerial on
- Changed the plates, breaking a plastic screw at the same time which meant I had to drill it out!
- Installed the W8 light

Richard leaving the Tarox stuff on the golf, even more of a bargain for whoever buys it as they are brand new, but too much hassle for me to change over!

Let me know what you think chaps, and what's next!?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Wow.. what a difference. Much, much better Graham. Looks so much cleaner and less fussy [Y]

How about some 18's and a small drop ?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the comments,

Tyle, they are 18's and it is already dropped by 30mm, I can't go any lower as I'm already scraping stuff, though the 18's increased the height everso slightly.

Was going to go for all dancing number plates, but decided as I was going to clean it up anyway I may aswell leave the plates as clean as possible, so didnt do no borders, extra writing or logos!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And heres the front now I have completed it.

I do need inspiration now though. I'm thinking those scoop type vents? I would love to paint the mesh black also, so will get round to that maybe next weekend.

The only problem I do have now is that no one will get the numberplate. I.e. I had 2 V5 badges on the car before, with the V5 plate, now, I have nothing to indicate what the plate stands for! However, on the plus side, people will probably be wondering what the car is!

So, anything else I can do to it people to complement it? Any ideas and suggestions welcome

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like the caravan thing, lol!

Are you serious about changing the grille back to stock though? Seems a bit dramatic! Especially as people seem to be changing theirs from stock to these or oettinger ones!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts