Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a GT TDI 110 and am toying with the idea of just removing the TDI but I thought I'd ask what you lot thought?

·
Registered
49 Posts
i would take the tdi off, then people wont stare at you and shake their head when the see the letters GT and TDI on the same car!

[B)]

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and why would people shake their heads? :)

I don't have GT infront of the TDI although I have to say, I did think about it at one point but decided the stealth look might be the way forward

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I debadged mine a few weeks back - It really does look so much better.

Still trying to decided whether or not to go Cage style, or just put my colour coded badge back on.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not talking about removing the VW badge although I'd like to know how people colour code their VW badges - just with touch up paint?

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Quote: posted by Mister_E on 09/08/2004 10:20:50

I'm not talking about removing the VW badge although I'd like to know how people colour code their VW badges - just with touch up paint?

You buy cans of spray from a vw stealer.

A good guide here : Clicky

Well worth doing, costs about ?10-?20, and makes a nice difference.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
colour coded badge changes it quite a bit and then the next step further is completey de-badged. would like to do it but i think its gonna be too much work for me

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by Gti Fly on 08/08/2004 23:56:33

whether you debadge or not, everyone will still see your dirty black smoke [:p]

... black: the perfect mix of performance and economy...[:p][:p]

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by Gti Fly on 08/08/2004 23:56:33

whether you debadge or not, everyone will still see your dirty black smoke [:p]

Then they'll be cursing me more when they can't catch me [:D]

·
Registered
223 Posts
In the minority here but I say leave them on. Mine has GT TDI on (from previous owner) and thought about removing T and moving G = GTDI. Anyhoo each to their own [^]

·
Registered
299 Posts
ive removed the gt and red i on mine and replaced it with a porshe italic turbo badge which looks quite nice i think, and other people have commented on it looking good....i normally go for the de badged look...again each to there own [^]

·
Registered
554 Posts
I also go with the minority, leave it as it is. I bought my car as an ex demo and it has the correct GTI badging but also all red TDI badge just below, I was going to remove this and leave the standard badging but I enjoy advertising the fact that a diesel just wasted em.

Be proud of your car[:D]

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Quote: posted by vrooooom on 10/09/2004 20:10:56

I've taken off the GOLF and the TDI.

Did you know it spells OLD GIT

I done the same, gone for the smooth look.[8D]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts