Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Jameel, I don't understand mate. How can it ever take more than 7 days for regular, ordinary post to get to the UK from Germany? 28 days? I could walk it there quicker than that. I might be a suspicious so and so but this is starting to have a really bad smell to it - something fishy with a large portion of BS for good measure.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Unfortunately this seems to be the only one and this is where Toff got his from for his group buy. There are maybe a couple of places you can get them in the US but I think the quality is worse and the prices are sky high. I believe Awesome started to do them at one stage and then stopped.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Tell me about it mate! sounds well dodgy. I'm glad i used paypal they only have access to my visa card which i keep with a low limit just to use on the net i have been checking regularly and making sure that no other money is being taken out. I found this site Parts4Euro the price here is $84.99 (?47.00) not including delivery. A bit pricey hear. If the rings don't turn up I don't think i will be shopping at Tachoringe and i will be sending him a email with my thoughts.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sounds like a risky business !! If they are in demand how come more people dont sell em. I sometime wish i had enough money to open up a shop selling the things people really want at good prices im sure id rake it in !!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm quite surprised that you can't get these in the UK! surely there must be a place in UK that sell's VW after market accessories.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
You have to sell these things in huge numbers to make real money if they are the only product you sell. I don't think the demand is that significant.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Awesome sells MHW products so they might purchase a number of sets if required. I'd just like to get mine and get the job done or get a refund and get on with life.

·
Registered
580 Posts
How do you fit them ??? ive had dealings with the instrument cluster which turned out to be very expensive !! Im loathe to touch them again.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It does require care and patience. There's a how to on their site that was actually written by Mikedav I believe so it's probably on the Borabase site too.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Chris good news! my rings turned up this morning after two weeks. Hopefully yours should be with u soon. The date posted on the bill is 23/09/04 also if you do not receive yours here's their details. Fingers crossed for u mate.

TACHORINGE.DE

Wernig und Gross - tachringe.de Gbr

Pfarrgartentr. 3 - D-63674 Altenstadt

USt-IdNr: De 220764619

St.Nr. 03438100050

Hotline +49 6047 9879881

Fax +49 1212 516948549

[email protected]

http://www.tachoringe.de

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Excellent. Happy for you mate. Actually discovered two nights ago that they have their address and stuff on their website. I sent them another e-mail telling them that, after 1 month, we have to assume it's been lost in the post so they should let me know what the procedure is. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Still no sign of my rings and for some strange reason I've had no response to the e-mail that I sent to Tachoringe.de.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Chris, any news of ur rings mate. Can't understand why ur's have not arrived yet we ordered on the same weekend. Let me know how u get on. I fitted mine in last weekend and i used the glue from Tachoringe's site so i would not get the white stain effect by using super glue. Will post picky's soon.

Jameel

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Jameel, no sign of them up to yesterday. Sent another e-mail to Tachoringe.de last night as they just ignored the one I sent to them last week. I ACTUALLY ORDERED MY RINGS IN AUGUST AND THEY INFORMED ME THAT THEY WERE SHIPPING THEM ON 2 SEPTEMBER. I asked them specically NOT to ship the rings via surface mail and to definitely use air mail. I paid them an extra fee for doing so. About 2 weeks ago they informed me that they "think" they made a mistake and sent them via surface mail and they refunded the additional amount.

The whole thing has me totally pi$$ed off I can tell you. It's been lousy service right from the beginning. In addition, in order to pay for the things I had to go and set up a special facility with moneybookers.com (who gave me the third degree for about 2 weeks) and then pay MB an extra 3% for using my credit card. All that trouble, delay after delay, extra charge here and there, no products and now the people don't even have the decency to acknowlege my e-mails.

If Awesome can do a deal with them for the supply of the rings in the UK, great. Toff has also dealt with them successfully in the past. However, on the basis of this I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE ELSE AT ALL.

The world is not perfect, $h1t happens every day. It's how company's deal with it that indicates which ones are worth doing business with again.

/RANT OVER

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Chris, I can not beleive they have let u down with ur rings. I reckon either they r lost in the post or someone has nicked them. I wish I had ordered more of these and I could have helped u out. Is there no other company supplying these in the UK. I don't think I will be recommending this company to anyone as well. This really is bad business practice. If u order from somewhere else fat chances r that they will turn up on the sameday and u'll have 2 pairs of rings. Let me know how u get on mate.

Jameel

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
They may well still be in the post etc. and that is understandable. What gets me is the fact that they've just stopped answering e-mails. I would have expected them to use registered post or something so they could make a claim against the post office and perhaps send another set.

If they don't turn up I will get another set sorted elsewhere, it's just the annoyance factor that gets me.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Maybe it's good to have a rant on here now and again when a supplier just ignores your e-mails [;)].

Heard from Tachoringe.de again today after 10 days of silence. Yes,they still seem to have my e-mail address.

They've promised to send me another set of rings and I've promised to send one back if I get two. I won't bore you folks with the rest of the details but there are a couple of things that don't add up if you know what I mean.

Will let you know if I ever (sorry, nasty slip) when I get them.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts