Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to get the infamous tacho rings for my car so had a look at www.tachoringe.de. Cannot use Paypal from here so I sent the tach folks several e-mails asking about alternative payment methods and why they charged tax on good to be shipped outside the EEC. No answers.

So I went on the site, filled in the order form, s elected the cash on delivery option and waited to see what happened. After a few days got an e-mail stating that the COD option was not available for Barbados. Exchanged a few e-mails with them and then they told me about www.moneybookers.com and gave me a price to ship to Barabdos. Got an account sorted with Moneybookers, sent Tacho.de the money, they acknowledged the money and said they were shipping the rings on 2 Sept. Nothing has arrived. I've e-mailed them twice now since last Friday and nothing but the sound of silence and an empty mailbox.

Needless to say I'm beginning to suspect the worst. Has anyone received anything from them recently?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paypal have changed their rules and Barbados is not one of the countries that they operate in. I tried signing up twice but I have to have an address in the UK or the USA. I can provide both of those but then both my personal and my company credit cards are registered to me Barbados address so then my credit card address and my stated home address don't match [:I]. In the end I just gave up with Paypal.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I ordered the same rings form Tachoringe last Saturday paid by PayPal but have had no reply from them. I have sent them 3 emails now and have had no relpy from any of them. Checked my PayPal account money has been transfered from PayPal to them and also PayPal have taken the money from my credit card. A few other people have bought from them check the Interior Forum and the Chrome Tacho rings post. I'm hoping that we have not been done up like a kipper. [:(]

Jameel

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote: posted by JameelGTI on 23/09/2004 19:15:44

I ordered the same rings form Tachoringe last Saturday paid by PayPal but have had no reply from them. I have sent them 3 emails now and have had no relpy from any of them. Checked my PayPal account money has been transfered from PayPal to them and also PayPal have taken the money from my credit card. A few other people have bought from them check the Interior Forum and the Chrome Tacho rings post. I'm hoping that we have not been done up like a kipper. [:(]

Jameel

I know Toff has ordered a lot of stuff from them in the past and I've seen guys on Vortex who have too so I know they have come through in the past. Let's just hope the guy is on his hols for a few days and there's no one there to answer the e-mails!

·
Registered
148 Posts
You would have thought there would be more then one person working there! anyway fingers crossed Chris lets hope we all get our stuff. As Del Boy say's "He Who Dares! Win's" [:)]

Jameel

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jameel, I get the impression it's a small part-time operation run from home - I have no firm evidence of such, just a feeling. Fingers crossed, but in the meantime I'm going to look back through my e-mails for their actual physical address just in case.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Chris I just checked my email and I just got a reply from them. This is what they said.

Hi,

you ordered on 20.09.2004

you got an email that the delivery takes 3-5 days So i think you got it into the next two days.

Viele Gr??e /best regards

Wernig und Gross GbR

tachoringe.de

Christian Wernig

????`????,??,????`???,??,????`??

Phone +4960479879881

http://www.tachoringe.de looking good so far mate.

Jameel

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jameel, RESULT!

Just had an e-mail from them saying that they did not send my stuff by air mail as I asked but used surface mail instead. They've also given me a refund of 3 Euros for the difference in shipping. Have to see whether I get mine before Christmas now! [V]

Chris

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How about that for simultaneous posting - check the times on our two posts. Great so you've got the phone number too.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote: posted by JameelGTI on 23/09/2004 20:14:08

That means they might have done the same to me as well! looks like we will have a vist from Santa then.[:(]

You'll be OK. Shipping to the UK from Germany can't take that long even by snail. The worst I've experienced out here was 3 months. On the other hand my mum posted my copy of Car magazine in the UK last Tuesday and I had it on Friday.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Jameel, any sign of your rings yet? First thing I'm going to do when I get mine is check when they were posted [;)].

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Chris, no not yet mate I sent Tachoringe another email yesterday to find out what courier he sent it on and if he has a tracking number for the parcel, by the time I got home from work he sent a email back to me saying it had been posted using german Post (Deutsche Post) and for tracking the parcel I would have to phone them. I managed to find the button that makes the page read in english and have sent them a email regarding my parcel. Have had no reply yet from them. will let you know what they have to say. (if they reply back that is).

Jameel

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Chris I have an up date on my parcel I have just spoke to a lady in DHL (UK) and apparently Duetsche Post do not issue Tracking numbers and delivery could take up to "wait for it" 28 or more kin days. Delivery this long should be kin FREE!. Hasn't Tachoringe herd of UPS, DHL or Parcle Force. [:(!]

1 - 20 of 48 Posts