Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello team.i'm going to upgrade the ccm of golf mk4 from 1J0 959 799 AH to 1C0 959799 B,i know i must make changes to the connectors of ccm and change the windows motors to 1C..can someone tell me what code of keyfob i must look for it??is it true that i must change and the climate control?(one person told me that)..thanks team

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
what is the reason for the change? you can reprogram the current CCM with a program called VDS-pro installed on a MS-DOS environment laptop with a serial port and a serial to OBD2 cable... it might be the easier route especially if all you want to activate is auto roll up/down windows.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is the reason for the change? you can reprogram the current CCM with a program called VDS-pro installed on a MS-DOS environment laptop with a serial port and a serial to OBD2 cable... it might be the easier route especially if all you want to activate is auto roll up/down windows.
hello northpole..the reason is that i swapped my cluster from immo 2 to immo 3 and i get some faul codes..01331,01332(no communication)..but windows and locking modules work fine.some guys told me that i must change ccm and windows motors if i want to get rid of these codes..

·
VR6 GT35 4mo
11,406 Posts
Window motor controls all comms, you need to replace that with the new one (>2001). Then add CAN wires if they're not there, back to the CCM. Cluster has CAN too - not sure if it uses that for the doors, I think it would.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oke in that case you'll need to upgrade i haven't done it myself so can't help further mate
no problem northpole..the only think i want to know is the code of key fob for the 1CO 959 799 B ccm..i hope someone will tell me..
Window motor controls all comms, you need to replace that with the new one (>2001). Then add CAN wires if they're not there, back to the CCM. Cluster has CAN too - not sure if it uses that for the doors, I think it would.
Speedometer Tachometer Odometer Vehicle Trip computer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no problem northpole..the only think i want to know is the code of key fob for the 1CO 959 799 B ccm..i hope someone will tell me..

View attachment 52011

View attachment 52011
i have 1J motors and 1J ccm..both of them have can high and can low wires.and the cluster to.i can see when door,hood or boot lib is open or close..all works fine..i only get these fault codes..

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
i have 1J motors and 1J ccm..both of them have can high and can low wires.and the cluster to.i can see when door,hood or boot lib is open or close..all works fine..i only get these fault codes..
just looked up the codes on the ross-tech wiki, i think you'll need to either replace the driver and passenger door modules or replace the CCM. As both are basically saying it is a communications error ( maybe it's a higher version of the canbus system or it expects to see a higher voltage on the communication cables) But if the lot all works as it should i would ignore them...

·
VR6 GT35 4mo
11,406 Posts
Earlier models didn't use CAN to communicate the door signals - look at the cluster pinout and you'll see that it was just told a door was open rather than what one. Later models went CAN and each window motor communicated door lock position/window position etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just looked up the codes on the ross-tech wiki, i think you'll need to either replace the driver and passenger door modules or replace the CCM. As both are basically saying it is a communications error ( maybe it's a higher version of the canbus system or it expects to see a higher voltage on the communication cables) But if the lot all works as it should i would ignore them...
lot of people told me that if i want get rid of these faults i must change motors and ccm.i'll try it.i don't want to see fault codes..😁😁😁😁😁

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Earlier models didn't use CAN to communicate the door signals - look at the cluster pinout and you'll see that it was just told a door was open rather than what one. Later models went CAN and each window motor communicated door lock position/window position etc.
in my immo 2 cluster i can see only my boot lib if it is open/close.now in immo 3 with the 3d color mfd i can see wich door is open/close.the can low and can high wires are communicate..but i thing that you said.can bus is different.

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
I think you should listen to @adam- because he got both a mk4 and a mk5 and he works on a whole range of different cars too... so if he says the door modules on the later version give more info and change the ccm too than you might want to take a closer look at said door modules and ccm ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Soooooo change the window motors and CCM. CCM, motors and cluster all need CAN. I've never stripped one so I don't know if they all had the CAN provisions?
that i'm going to do..i said from my first post..but my questions are two..1st what part number of key fob i need??2nd is it really that i must change and the climate control??that was my questions..but ofcourse thank you for help..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you should listen to @adam- because he got both a mk4 and a mk5 and he works on a whole range of different cars too... so if he says the door modules on the later version give more info and change the ccm too than you might want to take a closer look at said door modules and ccm ;)
you see my thread how its begin..i said i want to upgrade my ccm and windows motors from 1J to 1C..so everything adam said..i said it to..my questions was for key fob code and the climate control.of course i'll listen adam like other guys..all they want to help..

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
Afaik you don't need to change the keys or the climatcontrol the ccm module... all you need to do is replace it than check with vcds if it needs adaptation... but I doubt that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Afaik you don't need to change the keys or the climatcontrol the ccm module... all you need to do is replace it than check with vcds if it needs adaptation... but I doubt that.
i think i need another remote chip not immobilaizer chip.i don't know anything about the clima control..some one told me that.that's why i'm here to ask..😊

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
Why the car does start now right? So no you won't need another remote chip as the immobiliser is not on the ccm... afaik.the immobiliser is located somewhere around the steeringwheel covers... and if that is working now than even if you change to the newer lock modules you aren't changing that part.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
You may need a newer key fob part, but these can be picked up for cheap on eBay. I wouldn't bother getting one yet, but you'll probably need to readapt your current key's fob section after swapping the CCM. If it doesn't adapt and work remotely, then pick up a second hand key and adapt the fob section.

See this thread for part numbers: Buying New Keys For The Mk4 Golf \ Bora

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why the car does start now right? So no you won't need another remote chip as the immobiliser is not on the ccm... afaik.the immobiliser is located somewhere around the steeringwheel covers... and if that is working now than even if you change to the newer lock modules you aren't changing that part.
of course it start.but i will change ccm to another code.so i must change and the key.not the part with the immo chip and the blade..the part with chip that i lock and unlock.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts