Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I need your advice and opinions once again.

i want to get a suspension kit....Is there anything i should look out for and what is recomended!??

·
Registered
129 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for.

I personally have Koni FSDs and Eibach pro-kit springs and it's fantastic! The car handles REALLY well and the ride is excellent [:D]! The only problem is that with the FSDs you can only use springs lowering up to 30 - 35 mm.

If you want to go lower then you'll have to get a lowering kit or coilovers.

·
Registered
478 Posts

I personally have Koni FSDs and Eibach pro-kit springs and it's fantastic! The car handles REALLY well and the ride is excellent [:D]! The only problem is that with the FSDs you can only use springs lowering up to 30 - 35 mm.

Was thinking of getting this same setup, do you have any pictures of your car to see the height it sits at?

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

There has been so much suspension advice going on at the moment.

If I had the Mk4 Golf I think I would go down this route.

Lowers it 30mm ish and the handling with this set uo will be superb!

Sorry I am going on agian about the FSD`s but these are some good piece of kit.

Sarah

·
Registered
478 Posts

There has been so much suspension advice going on at the moment.

If I had the Mk4 Golf I think I would go down this route.

Lowers it 30mm ish and the handling with this set uo will be superb!

Sorry I am going on agian about the FSD`s but these are some good piece of kit.

Sarah
Do you have a price and availabilty, i heard the FSDs were out of stock at mo?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Mate

No they are back in stock now and we are selling these at ?322.00 + VAT and the retail is over ?400.00 + VAT

We are selling a vast amount of these.

Koni shut the factory for 3 weeks , so there could be a bit of a wait when the few that Koni UK have have gone.

But no , no issues with supply.

If you want to lower them I would go with the Eibach springs , but Koni ones are good too

Sarah

·
Registered
129 Posts
I dont think you'd get that low with FSD/pro-kit mate mine doesn't look that much lower than your current photo to me. Have you already had the car lowered a little?

Sorry for the slow reply mate [:$]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good afternoon Turbomatic

I totally agree with Rozer.

Currently have the FSD's and Eibach -30 setup on a five door anthracite like yourselves and it definitely sits higher than your current set up.

It's a great package in terms of handling etc. but for that lowered look you will have to go down another avenue.

Next time I'm going for KW V1 coilovers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, coilovers for me next time too. Like you say, handling is great but once I've finished all my styling mods I'll probably need to go lower to finish off the look.

Turbomatic - Bear in mind that if you want to go over 40mm lower than standard you will need to change the front anti-roll bar to stop it from being fowled by the drive shaft.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hello, sorry for the delayed reply!

ive currently purchased some koni spoirt suspension kits and will be fitted on thursday so ill let ya knopw how they get on. [Y]

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
koooooooool!

i had my kit fitted last week and it feels much better around corners but obviously not to good with the bumpy roads, still im well impressed. [Y]

·
Registered
194 Posts
I aslo fitted the Koni suepension kit to my golf V5. Was really delighted with it at first and still happy with the way it grips the roads and looks. My big problem is uneven road surfaces. I can live with the bone shaking noise it makes when hitting a nasty pot hole (it encourages me to avoid them) But what I find annoying is when I drive along a fast road in a straight line and the back end is going up and down like a brides nitey! Mainly just due to a surface that is just not quite right.

I currently have the dampers set on the hardest setting all round to minimise rebound. I was wondering if changing the springs to eibachs might help. I fitted the Koni springs that came in the kit with the dampers. I got the impression when buying the kit that I was paying for the dampers and the springs were kind of thrown in.

Possible solutions I have in mind are better springs ?? (OPINIONS WELCOME) Rear anti roll bar?? Or maybe rear strut brace??

·
Registered
478 Posts
I certainly dont get that with my Eibach springs, i have heard that whilst Koni shocks are the finest there springs are not.

My Konis are set to the softest and i still get no rebound.

Hope this helps

Tim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts