Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, after having my Mk4 for just over a year i've decided to start doing a bit of modification, however i'm in need of help.

i eventually plan on putting some coilovers on the car, but in the meantime i'm after some cheap modifications i can do, even better if they can be stolen from other vag cars. I've heard that i can put tt wishbones on etc. can anyone shed any advice on this?

·
Diesel & RX8 Fanboy
9,407 Posts
I'm not too clued up on it to be honest, if its TT parts your looking at theres a boke on here somewhere called rob arthur that is changing to a TT suspension set up [Y]

However if you change just the wishbone from my understanding you would no long have anywhere to attch your drop links. As the TT ones attach to the suspension strut like the R32 and standard golf links attach to the wishbone itself. So i guess you'd need coilovers with a drop link mounting point to get away with that change?

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
there isnt much you can do really without spending a bunch

coilovers start around £180 for the budget ones, a standard shock and spring from vw will be more than that

you can get different bushes etc but not many without an incurred cost again

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers for the reply's lads, would the jom coilovers work with the tt wishbones?

really want to tighten up the handling of the car as it handles somewhere between ocean liner and a glacier

·
Registered
318 Posts
the mod you are probably thinking about is putting in tt bushes into your wishbones.they are much stiffer than the standard golf ones and cost me only 12 each from the audi steelers.makes a big difference to the handling.follow that up with some seat cupra r rear bushes and that improves things further still.hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts