Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
150 time is dawning upon us...

So which one? What are the benefits? They pretty much all increase to the same amount...

Deffo going for turbo back milltek...

Thanks for all ur time!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Gotta be a Revo with one of the SPS box jobbies.

Wouldn't go for the AmD Oneclick, maybe the standard map (without the box) is ok though.

One word, "Revo".

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Revo for me too, get yourself a SPS switch and your laughing, not heard a bad word said about REVO yet, so it must be good imo...! [:D]

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Revo - 150 to 190 bhp, 236 - 290 torque......................Price ?499 + ?150 (SPS1) + VAT

Jabba - 150 - (194 - 206) bhp, 236 - (310 - 328) torque......Price ?365 - ?425 including VAT

AmD - 150 - 195 bhp..........................................Price ?550 + VAT or ?999 + VAT (includes turbo back Milltek)

Upsolute 150 - 182 bhp, 320 - 380 torque.....................Price unknown

Superchips 150 - 190 bhp.....................................Price ?511.13 Inc VAT

So Jabbsport looks the most bang for buck...I know that these figures won't be accurate and will be hyped up...decisions, decisions as everyone is saying Revo, pretty much

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a jabba remap and it's great mate! at the end of the day there's not much in it depends how far you what to travel!

I would go for Jabba or Revo.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 23/01/2005 21:57:09

I voted Revo. Never heard a bad word about them on the diesels.

To be honest I could pick a couple of 'issues' with the software for my ECU, but overall I am very happy with the product.

I wanted the convenience of switching between stock & performance modes, so really there was only one choice for me....Revo.

Having said that, if I hadn't wanted that convenience, I definately would have gone to my nearest Superchips dealer.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
you pays your money you takes your choice... personally Jabbasport.. the rolling road is all part of the day out! and you can turn Jabba maps back to standard also.... wouldn't be over keen on giving someone the thick end of 700 smackers for 15 minutes worth of binary squirted at my ECU from a lappy..... personal choice thou.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
revo for me. had it on my ibiza and loved it, now have it on the tdi and its awesome. stew, like i said before, you dont have to buy the sps1, but if you did then im sure there are plenty knockin around second hand for peanuts. Revo is totally stealth too. I have taken my ibiza and golf in for work at the dealers in performance mode and they havent said a thing. Dont even have to pop the bonnet open to tune it either, now thats cool!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
"Revo is totally stealth too." hardly... no map is despite what they say to sell it! heard that VW are especally hot on revo if anything..

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
ok maybe not totally stealth, anything can be found IF somebody has the time to do so. If nothing is glareingly obvious right away that the car is re-mapped then i cant see them (VW/dealers) starting to question it. Like ive said before, when i had my ibiza i didnt have a SPS box. It went into 2 dealers on many occasions for warrenty work and they didnt mention anything. I spoke to the cheif mech there who wasnt really bothered about tuning and i told him it was remapped (after all work had been done!!) and he didnt have a clue that it was revo'd! Heres 1 more class example: I wrote my ibiza off back in late 2003, bad crash, car was modified quite heavily (wheels, suspension, brakes, exhaust, revo) nothing was said at all about the remap, weather or not he was looking for this, i dunno.

Basically tho yes if somebody can be bothered enough and has the tools and time and patience to look for the remaped software then yeah they might find it, depends how bumd they are gonna be about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts