Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Andymac?s excellent suggestion to repeat the highly successful dyno day held at Awesome GTI in January 2006, and my subsequent feeler for the long-mooted Superchips open day, it has been decided after consultation with Tabs and Andy that we will go with the Superchips option on this occasion.

Superchips will host an Open Day at their HQ in Buckingham, to run over two days, Friday 2nd February all day, and Saturday 3rd February finishing early afternoon. Their facility will be fully staffed, so that guided tours will show those interested what is involved in developing their product.

The rolling road will be used free of charge for those who wish to take advantage of the mapping offers and also other forum members who want power runs (subject to a reasonable charge of ?30 inc VAT with priority given to remap customers). The dyno is the latest LPS3000 MAHA and is used for all Superchips research & development and for VW Cup scrutineering. Haldex 4-Motion is catered for properly. Staff will be on hand to explain the parameters fully.

Schedule booked on the dyno is HERE

Superchips have recently finished a major extension and refit of their premises, which is an impressive facility.

Posted Image

<o:p></o:p>

Remaps will be on offer at a discount of 15% with a free power run before and afterwards.

• Normally aspirated ?249.68 (RRP ?293.75) inc VAT and 1 year Warranty note this includes MkIV and MkV VR6/R32<o:p></o:p>
  • Turbo petrol and diesel ?434.46 (RRP ?511.13) inc VAT and 1 year Warranty<o:p></o:p>
  • Bluefin ?509.15 (RRP ?599.00) inc VAT and 1 year Warranty

Superchips have recently launched Bluefin for the latest VAG models. This enables the standard factory map to be swapped with the Superchips map by the customer using a simple hand-held device. This features web connectivity allowing updates and map revisions to be downloaded from Superchips if necessary. This is available for PD140 diesel (many VAG models), 3.0 TDI (Audi A4, A6, A8, Q7 etc) and the hot news is that the 2.0 FSi-T (MkV GTI, A3 FSi-T, Seats & Skodas) mapping is available by Bluefin from 2 January 2007. There is also the possibility of developing it for PD130 & PD150 so if that appeals please register your interest.

To mark the launch of the GTI Bluefin and the Open Day, the Bluefin device will be available in limited edition Tornado Red between now and the Open Day and will then be unavailable.

Posted Image

VW Racing (Superchips official tuning partner) will be in attendance and most if not all of the following VW Cup cars should be available for display;<o:p></o:p>

QUIZ will be added to periodically as the event approaches. Please bring answers with you. Correct entries will be entered into a prize draw for Superchips merchandise.

Automotive Performance Services (APS) will also be coming along with their mean APS R300 MkV R32 and hopefully <st1:personName>Ed Jackson</st1:personName>?s legendary "fastgolf" 400bhp MkIV 1.8T.

<o:p></o:p>Being located in Buckingham near Milton Keynes should mean that this will be reachable by a good proportion of forum members. We are holding a social event on the Friday evening for those able to make both days and stay locally. The town centre is a short walk. Details below.

Hotels<o:p></o:p>

Near Superchips:<o:p></o:p>

Buckingham Travelodge
London Road
A421 Buckingham Bypass Buckingham MK18 1SH Tel: +44 (0)870 191 1587
website (external link) <o:p></o:p>

The Buckingham Beales Hotel
Ring Road South
Buckingham Tel: +44 (0)1280 822622

In Town:<o:p></o:p>

The White Hart Hotel
Market Square
Buckingham Tel: +44 (0)1280 815151

More luxurious in town:<o:p></o:p>

Villiers Hotel
Castle Street
Buckingham Tel: +44 (0)1280 822444

Luxury in the country five miles away with Spa and Golf course :<o:p></o:p>

Whittlebury Hall
Whittlebury
Towcester Tel: +44 (0)1327 857857
website (external link)

<o:p>
</o:p>
This has the potential to be a great event for a wide cross-section of forum members, and worth attending even if you are not interested in a remap or a dyno run. With a good turnout it will be a great way to catch up with friends, meet new ones, put faces to names and indulge in a load of car ?trainspotting? with a good social thrown in on the Friday. I have booked a large table (~20 people) for 9pm Friday at the The Buckingham Fort Indian Restaurant which has a good reputation and can accommodate us. We will convene in a pub for the warm-up. All venues walkable (Superchips/Travelodge/Pub/Indian)

People coming (as of 30/1/07) I count 49.

Reflex TDIGolf IV PD150 hybrid
dannyboyGolf IV 1.8T BAM
ShaqGolf IV PD150 25th
bigburdGolf IV R32
Mister_ELeon TDI FR+
LynseyGolf V PD170
TabsBora IV PD150
[email protected]Golf V R32
ARicGolf V PD140
FoxyOctavia PD130
MilkfloatGolf V GTI
curleyA3 PD140 S-Line
damianmkvGolf V PD140
CkBGolf V GTI
ChungsterGolf V GTI
tyleramaGolf IV 1.8T AGU
pritchi83Golf IV 1.8T AUQ
The WalrusGolf IV 1.8T
nosajGolf IV V6 4Motion
ViperpsychBolf IV 1.8T
Spin_150PDA3 PD140 S-Line
WilkoGolf IV 1.8T
AndymacGolf V R32
RotaraGolf V PD140 DSG
hedgeGolf IV 1.8T AUM
r32dubberGolf IV R32
mkdave82Golf IV PD130
cmdrfireGolfV GTI DSG
MissT16Golf IV 1.8T
samoGolf V GTI
micky 32Golf IV PD130 hybrid
BeddieA3 PD140 S-Line
RobinA3A3 2.0TFSI Quat S-Line
NikBGolf IV
AllanlockGolf V GTI
Matt.HGolf IV PD150
Clio_dudeFavia vRS
S-LineA3 2.0TFSI Quat S-Line
JubblyGolf V GTI
GolfgirlGolf IV R32
fightfox
nd1.8TGolf IV 1.8T AUM
maxcars1
myblackbeetleBora 1.8T 180
WW_VRSFabia vRS
PriceyGolf IV 1.8T AUM
Vertigo1
Gti FlyGolf IV R32
mkdave82Golf IV PD130

Full list of people attending can be found HERE

Dyno schedule HERE

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
As a local to the APS guys. it would be rude not to pop by.... calendar updated - may even change my remap from AMD to Superchips :D

Living locally I may have a spare room to offer for those travelling a long way that know me...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a local to the APS guys. it would be rude not to pop by.... calendar updated - may even change my remap from AMD to Superchips :D
If you know the APS lads already then you should also talk to them, they are a Superchips dealer. [:)]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd be interested...

What sort of discount on remaps are we looking at?
Good, good. The last group buy we ran on the forum was a 15% discount with free power runs before and afterwards. I think it's going to be in this ball-park and will confirm just as soon as I can.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm up for this!! [:D]

Its abit early to be thinking of remaps at the moment for the GT but will come along to "spectate" anyway [:p]

I am up for the social thing Friday also!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi all.

Following confirmation from Superchips I've updated the first post to show confirmed prices for remaps and dyno runs, additional hotel accommodation and a few other tweaks.

I'll be updating it further over the next 24 hours with details of competitions, prizes etc.

I'll be responsible for booking dyno runs at 30 minute intervals from 8:30 to 16:30 Friday with 1 hour lunchbreak 12:00 to 13:00 and from 09:00 to 13:00 on the Saturday, so get in quickly with when your preferred time would be as this will fill up very quickly.[:D]

James

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just to reiterate what James has already said we will be supporting this open day too. I would really encourage people to come and visit them, there new facility is hugely impressive and would give you a great opportunity to see the dyno in action; it?s a very good setup. We have been developing lots of interesting things with Superchips and we?ve got a couple more bits left to do on the R32 which we hope to have ready for then! Would also be good to catch up with some old faces as well! [:p]

Cheers,

Ed

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Right, now we've got just one event sorted (doubt I'd have managed both), we're rolling [y]

James, I'll be aiming for Friday evening and Saturday, though if I can swing it and get there in time I'll roll in for theb ack end of the afternoon on the Friday ok??

C

EDIT: As if I'm gonna miss out on a good pissup [;)]

1 - 20 of 343 Posts