Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
The only downside is having to drill your parcel shelf?! So a second hand shelf may be in order?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It looks really cool installed...

As for drilling the shelf... well the holes are tiny and you can just brush the carpet over them.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Looks like a fiddly thing to me, the sort of thing that I'd end up ripping out in frustration at some stage when it got in the way. In addition, I don't see much use for it. I have a reflective sun shade that I put up against the windscreen when I have to leave my car in the sun and that works wonders. It's more effective because:

(a) there's more heat gain from the windscreen than the rear window;

(b) it prevents sun damage to the dashboard;

(c) it prevents the steering wheel getting too hot;

(d) it has a reflective surface.

I reckon that tinting the rear window is a better bet.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I've had mine since I got her almost 2yrs ago, I think that they are cool as flip, keeps the inside darker, not much cooler, but thats why you have climate isnt it [^]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 19/02/2005 19:26:53

I've had mine since I got her almost 2yrs ago, I think that they are cool as flip, keeps the inside darker, not much cooler, but thats why you have climate isnt it [^]

No ! That's why I have windows and a leccy sunroof.... [:p][;)][:)]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by tylerama on 21/02/2005 12:54:45

No ! That's why I have windows and a leccy sunroof.... [:p][;)][:)]

Awwww, bless the poor relation with no climate control [:D]

"Its just like having climate when you open the sunroof" I can hear now .

(Ducking as nobody else will get the jokes we have between us [^])

·
Registered
294 Posts
I defo give it the thumbs up but I have to say it does make a bloody rattle. Anyone else found this[?]

I think it stops the green house effect - you look at any golf without tints and it just seems so open/see-through. The blind for me is a very cheap and subtle alternative - if I could afford a low level tint that was going to look OEM I would choose that over the blind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts