Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are these sold over here? read loads about them on vortex but never really anything on this site.

a drop is next on my shopping list and i want to go lowwwww

·
Registered
352 Posts
My Golf was in for a service last week and the woman on the service desk said that I must have it replaced as it will cause lots of damage. I said it hasn't caused any damage in the year it hasn't been there. I think her promotion of the free wash and vac (which was crap anyway) made her think I'd jump at the opportunity. I think not.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I purcahsed over a year ago and with a short shifter and it came in around ?300, which is cheaper than a new sump and long life oil.

Another member imported one this week, without a short shifter, for ?330 last week.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
My Golf was in for a service last week and the woman on the service desk said that I must have it replaced as it will cause lots of damage. I said it hasn't caused any damage in the year it hasn't been there. I think her promotion of the free wash and vac (which was crap anyway) made her think I'd jump at the opportunity. I think not.
She could have been on about the standard plastic undertray that is installed with the MKIV.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi

We are fitting one of the Dieselgeek ones to a customers car next week.

He has purchased it and we are just fitting.

I can let you all know about it when he has been in if you want

Sarah

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Hi

Sarah
If you fitting it for the customer, then I would suggest you get some uprated rivnuts to hold the rear of the guard in place. The current alloy rivnuts just strip their thread if the guard is mis-shaped at all. I'll post up the VAG part number for this rivnuts tonight.

Here's some pics

You can see to the left of this pic where the alloy rivnut is and the missing bolt
Posted Image

Here's the reason why it's fitted
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VW do a steel guard that costs around ?130 and is very heavy. The other option is the DieselGeek Panzer guard, which is only available from the US.

http://www.dieselgeek.com/Detail.bok?no=358

Personally I went for the DieselGeek, which cost $100 for shipping and around ?30 for C&E.
[Y] cheers for the reply & thanks to everyone else thats give info [:)] looks like going for the DieselGeek or the one iv now found out is available from demon tweeks

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DEAMON TWEAKS do one for around ?200, its in PVW this month
is it their own brand or OMP? i looked on their site after readiing your post and found these two [:)]

Wonder if the OMP is as good as the dieselgeek

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
any one know the measurements by chance to save me going under the car as i am gonna try an make one of these as i have got hold of some 5mm ally from work and just need to cut an bend it

cheers folks

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi

Sarah
how much will this cost to fit roughly? still saving for coilovers i want fitted by yourselves so would have it done at the same time

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hey Mate

With us not having done the job before , we have just said it would be time taken.

If you are having coilovers done at the same time the car is in the air to start and this would make it slightly easier.

If it is ok I could let you know how it went when he has been in?

I can check on the fitment etc for you too.

That ok?

Sarah

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Mate

With us not having done the job before , we have just said it would be time taken.

If you are having coilovers done at the same time the car is in the air to start and this would make it slightly easier.

If it is ok I could let you know how it went when he has been in?

I can check on the fitment etc for you too.

That ok?

Sarah
super thank you [Y] im only after a rough price as i dont yet know when il be able to get it in,

Cheer Matt.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hey All

Just to let you know that we have fitted the sump guard yesterday.

It was a very good fit and everything was included in the kit.

We was impressed and I would think that it would be something to look out for if you are considering lowering the car by a large amount.

The kit was a dieselgeek one and the technician was impressed.

I have asked the customer to come on here and post some info about it.

Hope this helps you guys

Sarah

·
Registered
843 Posts
part numbers from VW for the sump guard and kit

1JO 018 930 C - ?85.16 1

1JO 018 885 A - ?26.08 2

N 908 106 01 - ?9.87 7

N 100 704 03 - ?6.65 7

1JO 018 977 A - ?3.54 3

1JO 018 967 A - ?8.40 3

N 908 704 01 - ?2.08 2

Total = ?166.59 from VW for original part, for a TDI

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey All

Just to let you know that we have fitted the sump guard yesterday.

It was a very good fit and everything was included in the kit.

We was impressed and I would think that it would be something to look out for if you are considering lowering the car by a large amount.

The kit was a dieselgeek one and the technician was impressed.

I have asked the customer to come on here and post some info about it.

Hope this helps you guys

Sarah
finally got round to ordering my diesel geek sump guard tonight, when it gets here il be booking it in with you for some coilovers, arb and to have the guard fitted [:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hey Mate

Yes if I can help you just give me a call and I will do my best to help you.

That will be some mean looking car when its done.

By the sound of it too you will have all the correct modifications

Sarah

1 - 20 of 35 Posts