Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a sump gaurd for my bora, and was looking for some help.

Has anyone got one or had one made.

Ive found some in the U.S, but a bit pricey by the time its been shipped.

Hope someone can help

·
Registered
988 Posts
VW make them for the golf, so should probably fit the bora too... not sure?

part numbers are in my build thread p2 or do a search and u will find my thread in it. But thats assuming the golf guard fits the bora...

·
Registered
988 Posts
Mine has saved me a few times like! the OEM one does sit a bit on the low side (I think that group buy one is the same design as oem), but the oem steel one is strong as hell - mine's taken a beating this winter, and not one dent... some people have apparently taken the tops of speed bumps off with it too hahahaaha! win.

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
is that the oem steel one hten, do they do one for a bora or will it fit with a few mods?
The OEM sump guard is common to both the Bora and the Golf, it fits both. And as said it's bombproof, but sits a little lower than standard height.

Edit: Search for 1J0 018 930C and you'll find much discussion about it on this site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rang local dealer today and choked when they sadi they wanted 400 quid, told them where to go and am now on the look again.

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
400 quid??!!! JAYSUS!

Thought they were 'only' 200ish?
You might wanna try a Seat or a Skoda dealers and see what they charge. Same part number. Or a different VW dealer who isn't just making up prices. Or maybe they gave you a fully fitted price?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
What we need is a proven part, at a sensible price, on a mammoth group buy.

Messing about getting something shipped from the US or paying who knows how much for a VW one just doesn't come into the equation for me, and I'm sure most others.

Surely someone out there can get this together?[:cool:]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts