Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Sump Guard

3593 Views 26 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  PokerProTDI150
im looking for a sump gaurd for my bora, and was looking for some help.

Has anyone got one or had one made.

Ive found some in the U.S, but a bit pricey by the time its been shipped.

Hope someone can help
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
VW make them for the golf, so should probably fit the bora too... not sure?

part numbers are in my build thread p2 or do a search and u will find my thread in it. But thats assuming the golf guard fits the bora...
Ive got the Dieselgeek one on mine see pics in build thread. They are expensive to import. have a look in the group buy section a compamy in th UK makes them and there is an offer on HTH[Y]

EDIT

sump group buy
cheers guys ill check it out
Dieselgeek ftw. Saved my ass many a time and site higher than the Vw one
Mine has saved me a few times like! the OEM one does sit a bit on the low side (I think that group buy one is the same design as oem), but the oem steel one is strong as hell - mine's taken a beating this winter, and not one dent... some people have apparently taken the tops of speed bumps off with it too hahahaaha! win.
is that the oem steel one hten, do they do one for a bora or will it fit with a few mods?
is that the oem steel one hten, do they do one for a bora or will it fit with a few mods?
The OEM sump guard is common to both the Bora and the Golf, it fits both. And as said it's bombproof, but sits a little lower than standard height.

Edit: Search for 1J0 018 930C and you'll find much discussion about it on this site.
cool ceers for the parts numbe gonna call local dealer and see what happens
cool ceers for the parts numbe gonna call local dealer and see what happens
Your wallet will empty[whistle]
rang local dealer today and choked when they sadi they wanted 400 quid, told them where to go and am now on the look again.
400 quid??!!! JAYSUS!

Thought they were 'only' 200ish?
the dieselgeek panzer guards are $275 in comparison
the dieselgeek panzer guards are $275 in comparison
And are miles better construction...[C]
400 quid??!!! JAYSUS!

Thought they were 'only' 200ish?
You might wanna try a Seat or a Skoda dealers and see what they charge. Same part number. Or a different VW dealer who isn't just making up prices. Or maybe they gave you a fully fitted price?
they mite of done that. my local dealer is a bit of a rip off anyway
What we need is a proven part, at a sensible price, on a mammoth group buy.

Messing about getting something shipped from the US or paying who knows how much for a VW one just doesn't come into the equation for me, and I'm sure most others.

Surely someone out there can get this together?[:cool:]
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.