Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to have to ask but I've been everywhere and over a day and a half trying to find this out.

I've seen some threads here about using the Audi TT front subframe, wishbones, rack, hubs and ARB. My MOT is comming up and need to do suspension anyway. I have seen I need front suspension struts with droplink 'eyes' and seen that Skoda Octavia vRS and Audi TT Koni FSD's come with it welded to the strut. Can I find an FSD for the vRS? No....... Mk1 RS 1.8T 2wd, yes. Found Audi TT ones but am unsure if the rear shocks are right for the Golf? Also would be good it I could pick these up and the South East or London so I can crack on this weekend.

Any ideas?

Mark.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'd been told to use Seat Leon Cupra front struts as they 'apparently' have them. Unfortunately I was in a rush (trying not to miss an offer on at Awsome) and ended up getting the proper ones for my car (Audi A3 1.8T) instead.

The Cupra / A3 / Golf 4 have the same chassis so it's likely that they would work I imagine.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think of the A3 and Seat as they weren't mentioned in the thread. Its a shame they only have generic pics on the sales sites as you could have an idea from them.

Thanks for the reply :)

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another 4 hours of net trawling and I have found out the TT ones bolt right up :)

If any other options you've heard of please let me know :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts