Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get a new car, and make sure you take a GOOD look around it! I bought a damn fine 2001 Bora just over a year ago, and I am made up with it. Put a few toys on it, polished, buffed and all the usual stuff.

In a mates 05 plate Audi A4 2.0 tdi on friday, and poked around, as you do when bored in traffic. Just ahead of the rear view mirror is a small flip down piece of plastic to prevent the sum blinding you. Cool , I thought, must get me one of those, as I had resorted to a cut down sun strip from Halfrauds.

Last night, I was showing another mate where this bit was on the Audi, and BINGO, the damn thing has been there all the time. How fecking stoopid did I look? [:$]

Any bits you have "found" that were there all the time? I am looking for the dancing girls and the gold bullion store next. [H]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can relate. I was driving about in my 2000 Bora for about a year and a half before I spotted it. [:O]

I was in a mates (really old) passat estate and he was flashing that daft wee thing off... secretly thinking to myself, that's cool .. I want one of those ....

I also felt like a donkey

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I think I had my car about two years before I discovered that !  I also discovered the rear cup holder ages after I got the car too !  and the luggage net hooks in the boot !  and the hook thing on the bottom of the parcel shelf !

·
Registered
490 Posts
How about this. I bought a whole remote central locking kit.

Recieved it and started thinking about my car with central locking [:)] then i went to fit it.

My jaw dropped it already had an aftermarket central locking kit installed so i followed the wire and found the fuse, replaced it pressed my alarm button and hey presto it works.

40 quidish to find out a fuse has blown [:S]

·
Registered
824 Posts
I found out about the armrest thing by pure accident, it goes more than oen step lower than horizontal though! Press the button on horizontal and it moves a little more down, repeat this over and over and it drops a little more each time too [Y]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Get a new car, and make sure you take a GOOD look around it! I bought a damn fine 2001 Bora just over a year ago, and I am made up with it. Put a few toys on it, polished, buffed and all the usual stuff.

In a mates 05 plate Audi A4 2.0 tdi on friday, and poked around, as you do when bored in traffic. Just ahead of the rear view mirror is a small flip down piece of plastic to prevent the sum blinding you. Cool , I thought, must get me one of those, as I had resorted to a cut down sun strip from Halfrauds.

Last night, I was showing another mate where this bit was on the Audi, and BINGO, the damn thing has been there all the time. How fecking stoopid did I look? [:$]

Any bits you have "found" that were there all the time? I am looking for the dancing girls and the gold bullion store next. [H]
I just bought a 51 plate 1.8T and saw that. My mate loved that idea and wished he had it on his.............I later looked on his and he did have it. Hes had the car for about 2 and a half years!!!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Try being enlightened on here that the fuel cap is attached to that rubber lead for a reason. Not so that it can hang on your rear quarter and scratch it to hell, but so it can sit on top of the flap all neatly and safely tucked away while you refuel. Judging by the scratches on the quarter below the flap, neither did the last owners [:$]

·
Registered
63 Posts
I only realised a few weeks back that when you fold the rear seats down the headrest will fit in the top edge of the seat bases, always wondered what those two holes were for. No more thrpowing them on the floor [:$]

Now i'm worried that there not supposed to be for that and then I will really look stoopid. Still not much new there.[:p]

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I have had my car over 2 years and up until yesterday I thought my manual A/C Recirculation button had an intermittant fault in that it wouldnt click in!! Yesterday I realised it is designed not to click in when the air is directed to the screen! [:$][:$]

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I only realised a few weeks back that when you fold the rear seats down the headrest will fit in the top edge of the seat bases, always wondered what those two holes were for. No more thrpowing them on the floor [:$]

Now i'm worried that there not supposed to be for that and then I will really look stoopid. Still not much new there.[:p]
I had no idea about this! Mine just go in the boot. you learn something new every day!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thats what those holes are there for, we had em on a Passat and I just used em on my Golf. My dad always moaned about the sun over the mirror then I found the plastic on the Passat we had and I instantly remembered it when I got my MK4 as it wasn't on a MK3. Never knew about the rubber on the diesel cap though, I just let it dangle :( will try it next time I fill up. One thing I have noticed is its very intelligent about things being left on, not shut etc. Fine you may get a door open light, but if you move a bit and get to about 5mph it will bleep and flash at you and tell you exactly which door is open on the LCD screen, same if you leave the handbreak on one click etc its very clever.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I only just found the rear drinks holder in my 1.8t.

Funny thing is whenever i've bought a VW from a dealership, they've always wanted to take me around the car, to show me features, and I've always turned them down saying "dont worry im familiar with the car" - yeah right!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.