Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is slowly coming along (see sig) with a trip to see Mr Tinter pencilled in for after christmas [:)] plus it will be lowered in the new year [:)] [:)]

Now looking at subtle with a small s options for the exterior... any suggestions (with pics?)

I'm thinking Hofele spoiler and possibly colour matching the lower valances? Anyone done that? Not sure how it would look though?

·
Registered
432 Posts
i will dig out some pics have M3 rear spoiler and color coded valances 4 motion front/rear as car is silver.

craigv

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote: posted by awesomeade on 23/12/2004 09:38:57

PS the thin Hofele boot spoiler is no longer available, not sure why but Hofele have stopped making them :(

NOOOOOOO!!!! The one I'm thinking of has a bit of an overhang rearwards but not much height - is that the Hofele?

·
Registered
432 Posts
euro car parts sell m3/m5 spoilers for 50 ukp someone on here is always selling them on ebay and everytime i see them they are at 20-30ukp.

craigv

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers for the input. moving away from spoilers... any suggestions for the valances? I've seen the projekt two kit but its prohibitively expensive - what do you think on colour matching the lower strips? viable? cack? 4mo bits instead? suggestions?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Its nice to get the 4mo valance and smooth and spray it but to smooth it isnt that cheap! sometimes easier to get a primed aftermarket valance and get it sprayed up

·
Registered
432 Posts
i have had mine done for about a year now 4 motion colour coded to the car.if you can hang off i am just waiting till after the new year to get 2004 gli spec front/rear valances they are on route to germany just now and then my contact will send them onto me.hopes to have them first two weeks of the new year.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so are you saying you'll have colour coded 4mo valances to sell in the new year? if not, any pics of yours anyways so I can see what they look like? have you posted in members rides? cheers!

·
Registered
432 Posts
i will wash the car today and post some pics the rear valance is damaged and the front would need repainted but would sell them cheap cheap.

craig

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
IMO the GLI front/rear valances are in a class of their own, when it comes to OEM valances:

Posted Image

Posted Image

here is a small pic of the V6 4M front valance which craig has:

Posted Image

and the V6 4M valance on mike's car:

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
The Hofele rear spoiler looks great, but IMO wasn't good quality. I bought one and sold it on, it was flimsy plastic and due to it being hollow, only a bodyshop would be able to fit it to the car properly.

Posted Image

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
02 Bora - you are a legend mate thanks for the pics!!

Must admit I'm preferring the 4mo front to to the GLi front - a little less busy for me, but the rear GLi one is better imo. Decisions decisions!

Thanks for the feedback on the Hofele spoiler too. I'm also liking very much the Zender type look for the rear, kinda like this

Posted Image

or this

Posted Image

though on the second one it looks two piece and not very well done. I like the overhang to the rear.

[edit] actually on close inspection both of those look like two piece spoilers [}:)] but I really like the shape. Anyone know of anything similar?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
O2 Bora SE,

Move on mate, you have a Passat now!!

Hornetrider,

Not too sure about that Zender spoiler mate, I agree with O2 Bora SE, the GLI valances look the best but maybe CraigV will sort you out with a good price for his 4mo bits?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote: posted by Baker21 on 24/12/2004 11:54:36

Move on mate, you have a Passat now!!

Lol, I just like to share my knowledge to help others if possible.

There is a Votex rear lip spoiler worth considering, if you like the zender style:

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 22 Posts