Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im toying with the idea of a subtle bad look bonnet. So what do ya all think? I kinda like them as long as they are not too nova and saxo style or very very extreme. In case you dont know what my Golf looks like its a very euro style smooth look with a bonrath badgless grill. Here are some examples. Would love to know what you think.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sorry Mike. IMHO they are not subtle.

For me it's just the way the "overhang" looks as if it has nowhere to go and does not blend with anything, thus giving a disjointed look.

But we all have different tastes, and sizes of wallet [:D]

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have to say i quite like the idea, i hate eyebrows because of the cheap look they give, but it the bonnet extension is done properly than its ok!

I think the top two pics are good, you would definately need some sort of kit or front valance otherwise it wont look right, like the last pic!

The only thing that i contest is that the angle may be abit too much on the pics above, alittle less and it should look good!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Hmm, still not the biggest fan of them like I said yesterday - but having said that, I think these 2 pics look good, which is like the effect you'll get if you have the black angel eyes

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's something a little different anyway, which is good for the show car you're wanting to end up with - I'd say if it's subtle enough and done well then go for it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.