Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Vibe 10" active thing, built in amp and the sub has just stopped for some reason.

All leads are connected and amp light is on, RCA leads connected both ends, Fuse in power line is fine,

Even took sub out of box to check it was still connected inside which it is

any ideas anyone? [*-)]

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Same happened with mine a few months back (Vibe twin 12 CBRII), unfortunately they're prone to having the amps fail.

If its under 12 months old it will be covered under the warranty.

Unless it stopped working whilst you were playing it too loud and have blown the sub? In this case it will not be covered under any warranty.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, to be fair i've had it over 5yrs and it cost me 30 quid at the time so i cant complain but i wont replace it unless i really have to

·
Registered
764 Posts
My mates one stopped working, we turned on the music and tinkered with the wires, was just a dodgy wire so have a fiddle with them as a last result, you might get lucky. :)

·
Adrian
4,149 Posts
I have no idea on the spec of it im afriad, i belive its a Vibe pulse of some description. the onlthing i can be sure of is its 12", and makes things rattle [:D]

Bouncer has first refusal, but id do it for 40 if you like. You'd need a headunit with pre-outs and a wiring kit though...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the reply, im guessing my headunit has pre-outs as its fairly new, its a JVC KD-R601 with 4x50W. How much would a wiring kit cost? Thanks.

·
Adrian
4,149 Posts
the specs says it does indeed have pre-outs.

Various wiring kits are available around the web, from about £20 and up. Installing good quality cables (and a large power cable) is a good idea, as it makes future upgrades easier (ive run the power cable to my boot 3 times, each time going up in size, its a PITA...).

ps, sorry for hijacking your thread bouncer [:#]

·
Adrian
4,149 Posts
reply sent. I picked up a nice little JBL GT3 10" today. Only looked twice becaue of the size of the magnet, and it was cheap.

shame its not a 15" to replace my sony one. Although... it would have a nice punch to it.... i might have a little project on my hands... [8-|]

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right cheers for that Adrian, all wired up and bolted in,

The amps are exactly the same but i've just the 12" anyway as it didnt take up any more space, was just taller

Cool, im happy now

[H]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts