Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Work for honda so getting a company car in 2 months, so, with regret, the type-r will be going up for sale and paying off the finance (positive equity with a car loan, how cool!)

I want to buy a second car so that i can still have my 'fix' without having to use it for the commute.

I will have a budget of £5000 but would prefer to spend as little as possibe [:D]

So far ive been thinking

• Audi TT Softop (although cant find one with under 90k miles on my budget)
  • Honda S2000 (as above with the mileage)
  • Scooby WRX (2001-2006 shape)
  • Mini Cooper S (the supercharged type)

I have no filters i need to set as it wont be my daily drive so anything with 4 wheels & engine is fair game...

What are your suggestions and thoughts on my choices?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
an old skool sleeper, something like a hayabusa mini. But i think they sell for around 7k. or a mk1 BAM or VR6T
thats my dream 2nd car - they go upwards of £15k just too much.. maybe when i get my house in the country with the large detached garage ill do my own..

M3 has been mentioned, i have to be honest, with that much power i would want 4WD - have had zero RWD experience (unless you count mariokart heh) so i would end up dying for sure.

Seat - bit dull?

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
B5 Audi S4, instant 265bhp & 4wd, massive scope for tuning. Milltek cat back & MRC map will see you to 315bhp.

Otherwise, Clio 182? Mega cheap, big fun, and will embarrass big stuff.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
B5 Audi S4, instant 265bhp & 4wd, massive scope for tuning. Milltek cat back & MRC map will see you to 315bhp.

Otherwise, Clio 182? Mega cheap, big fun, and will embarrass big stuff.
all the bigger engined audis are just too big, feeling something small, light and nimble lol - clio good call.. they are cheap for what they are.. :) - nothing a supercharger wouldnt help heh

Few people have said about Mk1 Golf with tasty lump - this is ideal but too expensive, you could lose more than £5k on a tidy standard Mk1 before you start about the engine so i think on the budget i have its gotta be quick out of the box

I keep leaning towards scoobies, you get so much for your money and they are highly tunable too and without the worry of the MPG for tuning i think it could be quite special with not alot thrown at it

But then i think, mmm softtop.. something for summer days... urgh...!

why cant one car do it all, for under £5k ? [cry]

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Dont buy an older subaru, they like to eat bottom ends far too often and people only buy them for one reason, to thrash.

plus they drink fuel

mk2 golf 20vt for the fun factor.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts