Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Could be the MAF, DV, Split intercooler hose. If it's under warranty still then get your local to have a look.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Gunked up TB could do that too.

First thing would be a quick scan on diags.

Any other symptoms odd noises, car details age mileage. DBW or non-DBW. Also descript stutter does the revs drop and then pickup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats it its a bit jerky when you lify off:

my car 2000 NBW, GFB hybrid DV, so that cant be fliped, i seem to notice it more when its cold??

·
Registered
539 Posts
Mine does it do has done it now for about a year!!

Wish I new what caused it, no faults!!!

Im a 1999, 1.8T AGU.

Have tried 3 dump-valves 2 OEM, 1 hyperboost. Deffo not this!

New coolant sensor.

Dealer was totally useless on this...

Could be the wastegate on the turbo sticking which is my fear!!!

Mine does it a lot, but it is still ocasionally!!

Malcolm

·
Registered
102 Posts
Think its got somethign to do with the AGU malky, mine does it too sometimes and i dont have any faults.

cat

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a look at all the recipts I got with the car last night (not had the car long) and the last

service has faulty temp sensor on it but nothing indicates it was fixed or replaced.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it, temp gauge works OK is there another temp sensor???

Col

·
Registered
539 Posts
I describe this as Jerkyness coming off the throttle!

Sometimes it will be fine, sometimes it can be pretty violent. I've had it a couple of time in second gear going round a roundabout where you are at the point of just coming off the throttle, you can get a big lurch (jerk).

I think this is happening as you are coming off the throttle and are in the zone between the throttle cable driving the butterfly valve in the throttle body and the ECU driving the valve. Seems that there is a period where it doesn't get set properly.

All temp sensors, dump-valve etc have been checked and replaced, also MAF, sparkies etc.

1. Another thing I'm worried about is could it be the dual mass flywheel on it's way out???

2. Another thing it could be is the turbo actuator getting stuck, does this sound feasible?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Royster commented earlier in the thread that it could be the oil temp sensor and apparently my car has a faulty temp sensor.

Does anyone know how much these are, and can you only get them from the dealers?

Col

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got exactly the same problem - started about 2 months ago, then my idle speed was intermittently high, and my cruise control intermittently working / not working. Vag-com said Throttle position actuator problem - VW confirmed this and replaced the throttle body (luckily under warranty) at a cost of ?440. Strange though, now the idle speed seems ok when engine is warm but when first starting in the mornings it idles for a minute or two at about 1500 to 1600rpm and i still have the stuttering talked about here, i find it most noticeable when i am driving at about 30mph in 3rd gear and very slightly creep on and off the gas to maintain speed. Really annoying problem. Any ideas guys - Vag-com is completely clear of error codes by the way. Should i start replacing temp senders or what [?]

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi mate, you exactly describe what's happening to my car!!

It's really annoying when your throttle pedal is hovering between being on the gas and being off, suddendly the car will lurch!!

I think I'll book mine into the stealer yet again, and see what they think, again...

I'll change this oil temp sender if someone can tell me where it is, etc!??!

I have a new coolant temp sensor, throttle body, dump-valve, N75 valve, MAF. None of these made a difference!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
mine is most noticable at partial throttle in seconde gear. Just as the car has accelerated as fast as the partial throttle will allow and the speed levels off with no change in the throttle position, bang... the jerk. I have also noticed that this happens more on the 'ultimate type' superunleaded. this is an intermittant thing too.

hairless pets, weird.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Malky, Ive still got the same problem to mines AUM 01. DBW and I get it a lot, yet nothing reported on VAG.com

3 Garages have got a clue whats going on yet they all noticed it. If I switch back to stock it still does it....... Im trying to remember if it did it when a bought it in 2002. hmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
539 Posts
Quote: posted by blazedoobie on 19/01/2005 15:48:04

99 non-dbw, AGU, chipped

Yeah, thought so...

I wonder if it''s the turbo actuator, but when I dip the clutch I don't get the jerk! Guess that blows that one out of the water!

Hmmm someday we'll solve it!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
my 99 agu does this also, its anoying!!! i just changed my turbo to a ko3s and it still does this same thing! i would like to know wha its is also

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.