Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my standard ariel with a shorter, chubbier one. I've heard of a couple that will fit with a slight modification [Honda S2000, Sharon, Hummer] Which is the most common and easy to get hold of? Any details of price and stockist would be mint...

d

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 23/11/2004 10:04:40

I've got one from a Vauxhall VX220 fitted, looks very OEM & very similar to the VW item, but is about 4" shorter. Cost me se7en quid

Me too, no noticeable degradation in signal and looks OEM.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by pope1 on 23/11/2004 12:00:47

I've heard that the Honda screw thread fits but the base is a slighty different size. If you want a Honda look that fits perfectly, have a look at www.enfig.com. No loss of signal.

Dead right.. the base is slightly larger than the vw aerial base.. by about two mil overall, i'd say.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
ive got one from the lexus RX 4x4.fit is much better than the civic

one,the stem is just straight and does not get wider at the base like the civic one.civic one looks ok but not quite right.lexus is not cheap though.cost just over ?20.still got part number if anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 23/11/2004 10:04:40

I've got one from a Vauxhall VX220 fitted, looks very OEM & very similar to the VW item, but is about 4" shorter. Cost me se7en quid

Same here. I've also tried the Honda stubby but the end is a tad wider than the VW aeriel and doesn't fit flush to the base.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts