Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Wish

I have a mate who wants to sell his Streetka.

Details are

03 Streetka Luxury - two months old

4k Miles

Metallic Paint and Leather interior.

How much is it worth?

Cheers

·
Registered
782 Posts
To be honest i would like to guess, I know every dealer has more of them to know what to do with.

I would say take its new price and take £2k off !! IMHO

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think a lot of people brought them thinking that Ford would limit the supply of them and that they would be holding there money well.

Some people did it on Beetle Convertible too[:I]...... But lets not go

there ![:(]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is exactly the same reason he bought it and he thought he could sell it without making a loss after summer. Just looking on autotrader and it seems most people are getting rid of em. Good luck to em i never did like them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats what i said to him when he bought it and he werent pleased[:D]

He reckons he gets more stared in it than people driving a ferrari.....i think he is having me on[:D]

·
Registered
586 Posts
Definietly wrong time to be selling one (Im in the industry myself) as its starting to rain and who would want to buy a StreetKa with no sun til next year unless of course they want to save money and live through winter with it just to save money.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He is expecting to get about £12.5k for it. Any hope?

He would keep it but he is moving to New Zealand in a few months so he wants to get rid ASAP.

·
Registered
83 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by hnergiz

Thats what i said to him when he bought it and he werent pleased[:D]

He reckons he gets more stared in it than people driving a ferrari.....i think he is having me on[:D]
I don't think I would stare at at bloke driving a StreetKa[:D] They are so very camp[:X]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The people who stare are probably camp as well[:D]

Personally for £13.5k i would of bought a mini cooper or a Golf GTI.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by hnergiz

No no, I think hes right...probably more pointing and smirking too! [;)]

As everyone says, not the best time to be selling convertibles, and every Ford forecourt Ive seen has at least 5 StreetKas. Complete rip off too as Top Gear pointed out - no roof, two seats less but double the price of a standard Ka!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would agree, my local ford dealer has had the same streetka on his forecourt for 5 weeks and has just knocked another £1000 off.

I wouldnt buy one even it they were £10k

·
Registered
586 Posts
Still I think in a year or 2 the StreetKa will be a bit of a bargain convertible to have. I dont mind its look actually, but like many have said on here, rather spend on a Mini instead or dare I say it, the new Smart Roadster.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Rayban, what about a Fiat Barchetta? £10,995 new now! And pretty quick...but LHD only [:)] If it were RHD I think thats amazing value

·
Registered
586 Posts
OK im going to be controversial here but I like my Mazda MX5's they something for some people (like me) and none for others but what a great little convertible it is. If the weather was more practical to own one I would have one and you're right, does Fiats are very nice too.....

·
Registered
586 Posts
damn, that campaign nearly put me off from liking them.....and thats what my fiancee now calls the car! 'that ugly zoom zoom car!'

Im still a fan of the older ones from the 90's with the pop up lights, and they had an american version called the Eunos Roadster and when that was kitted up it was gorgeous! So they are not very quick (esp not the 1.6 engines) but I think that the MX5 is a modern icon. Did you see that James Bond Car/Boat thing they made? That was an MX5 [:)]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts