Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys .. got my 1.8T last week,wel happy etc .. but i noticed summin, when i come off accelerator .. it makes this sort of dump valve noise ?? like a thhrrrrrr noise.. > gettin a little worried now.

now i know these 1.8T golfs dont come as standard with dump valves etc .. so what could it be ?? coz i drove one in london .. and this didnt make a sound at all when i came off the accelerator ???

any ideas and cures please ???

many thanks ..

vinny

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
If you've got a fluttering noise your DV is already dead as the fluttering noise is the turbo stalling.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Quote: posted by Mart4875 on 26/12/2004 18:58:41

Wouldn't you have lack of power/not getting full boost??

You will get full boost but spin up time (lag) will increase.

·
1,132 Posts
No because the turbo is fine but without boost being recirced the turbo stalls and takes 2-3times longer to get on boost unlike normal!

D'oh! beat me to it Paul![:p]

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Quote: posted by Royster on 26/12/2004 19:04:22

No because the turbo is fine but without boost being recirced the turbo stalls and takes 2-3times longer to get on boost unlike normal!

D'oh! beat me to it Paul![:p]

[8D][:p]

·
Registered
641 Posts
You've both got me thinking.. It does feel as though there's a wee bit of turbo lag [V]. It doesn't feel as lively as it use to.

Hmmm where's that credit card? Where can I get a DV tomorrow

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
You can get the standard vw one from vw or audi but you might as well if possible replace it with a Forge one. My standard dv has just gone and I will be getting a Forge DV. As for tomorrow, not sure if anywhere that sells them will be open.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there...I used to have an A3 1.8T and Audi replaced the bosch DV that was fitted when it started making a whoosh noise...I have now got a GTi (2001) with and it feels a lot crisper in acceleration but it makes the noise when I let off or change gear...is it supposed to make any noise at all? I thought it was odd but I only got it from VW 2 weeks ago so figured it was okay!

·
1,132 Posts
It should make a soft psssss noise. instead of pfpfpfpfpf(hannibal lector impression).

To be honest with you the stock DV is more than adequate unless you're going down the big performance route but as you can see they do fail quite often.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks alot guys for your input ... knew you lot would have the answer .. question now is how much are they from VW ??? and should i fit it myself ?? or get it booked it ??? how much will it cost to get it done from VW ???

and theres me thinking i had somethin special when i heard that noise lol ... so much for that eh ... ;)

·
1,132 Posts
LOL! fitting is quite easy. The most tricky bit is removing hose clips! They should be circa ?30-50 but I can't quite remember

1 - 19 of 19 Posts