Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

About a year ago i had my front anni valance/splitter stolen from my car and an attempted theft on my rear one.

I had bought a new front valance and drilled and cable tied (i know i should of pop-rivetted them on, but seriously...why should we?!) them both on, and the car has been fine for about a year.

In the christmas holiday (about 28th December) they/someone had been back and had the rear.

Totally fed up with having my car used as a spares for scum!

If anyone hears or see's one (Reflex Silver) avaiable in Leicester, please let me know...i want the frickin' thing back!

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thats ridiculous mate, sorry to hear that. There are some total [removed] out there, would love to catch someone doing it...slept with one eye open for 2 weeks after, and a big crow bar by the front door too.

Im thinking of getting a CCTV thing set up for night time, how good are the full sensitivity alram? Ive heard that depending on how its set up, the wind can make it go off?

Either that or fix up the car and sell it for a less desirable car :(

**Please don't use creative spelling to circumvent the swear filer**

·
Registered
122 Posts
Iv been arrested and charged for assulting a chav who tried to either vandlise or steel my car once, he didnt even get any form of punishment! The UK law system is outrageous.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ur damn right, its mental, when i spoke to the police about it (fat lot of good that does) when i told him that 'i'll be waiting for when they come back for the front' he told me not to do anything and call the police...yeah righto!

Its madness, they get away with it and we have to take the hit moneywise and grief wise, it makes me sick!

·
Registered
92 Posts
sorry to hear that mate! my mate use to do that to his cars beofore bout 5 years ago... he bought a ferrari and we done the same with his wipers etc made me chuckle.... tought him a lesson....

i agree with the police thing they are total [removed]

**Please don't use creative spelling to circumvent the swear filer**

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thats sucks, and leaves you considering buying a less desirable car as you say - what a cack situation to be in!!

You could consider glueing the next one on (as well as rivots), but no doubt they'd steel the bumper to whether they managed to without damaging it or otherwise :(

Maybe you could do the above then smooth them in, front and back - at least that way the thief would have a much harder job, and is probably more likely to consider no even trying it?

Tom

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
i agree with the police thing they are total [removed]
It's unfortunate that the item was stolen. What do you seriously expect the police to do about it though jalalpuria? Go and check every Mk4 in Leicestershire for an anniversary valance? Come on, be realistic.

·
Registered
590 Posts
i agree with the police thing they are total *******
It's unfortunate that the item was stolen. What do you seriously expect the police to do about it though jalalpuria? Go and check every Mk4 in Leicestershire for an anniversary valance? Come on, be realistic.
Sorry, but i have to agree.

Other than take prints what else can they really do, and i dont think the forensic teams are best employed looing for this type of criminal despite what we all imagine they could end up turning into..[:(]

Tom

edit: i edited my wanted plea below!

·
Registered
113 Posts
You could always mark the valance with one of those UV pens, then if it ever gets stolen just drive around with a huge UV spotlight and see if you can find it, might get a few strange looks though [:S]

·
Registered
92 Posts
hi all sorry i meant that the police are a waste of time!

they wont really do anything they say keep you posted but nothing actually ever happens. just out of that has urs got sensors? ebay got 1 for £12! not that you should buy 1 and hopefully turnns up out of nowhere!

·
Registered
122 Posts
What you need to do is get another one leave it on your car, and wait in a bush with a baseball bat in hand and CRACK the chavs in the scull, when you witness the theft.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
What you need to do is get another one leave it on your car, and wait in a bush with a baseball bat in hand and CRACK the chavs in the scull, when you witness the theft.
What a stupid post [:(]

So you've been done once already for assault and you're condoning the use of violence again on a public forum.

Do yourself a favour and think before you post comments like that on here. This site will not be used to promote violence, ragardless if you think it's right to do so.

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
What a stupid post

So you've been done once already for assault and you're condoning the use of violence again on a public forum.

Do yourself a favour and think before you post comments like that on here. This site will not be used to promote violence, ragardless if you think it's right to do so.
Mark

Some people either don't learn from their mistake or are happy to promote themselves as being hard.......another case of keyboard warrior me thinks![:(]

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Sorry to hear that ..

how about fixing a string of barb wire under the valance.. I like to see what happens to his hands when he trys to pull it off.. [whistle]

or a couple of mouse traps under the bottom section.. should do the trick!!

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Sorry to hear that ..

how about fixing a string of barb wire under the valance.. I like to see what happens to his hands when he trys to pull it off..

Another bright idea [facepalm] Tabs must be getting sick of this [:mad:]. Sorry chaps, please or offend but comments like this are making the site look a bit naff.

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Sorry to hear that ..

how about fixing a string of barb wire under the valance.. I like to see what happens to his hands when he trys to pull it off..

The OP's Anni has mice??????[:O]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts