Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have had the car I have had the tracking done and checked all my tyre pressures but the steering wheel is still out of line. When I drive in a straight line the wheel is nearer 10 - 4 position rather than the correct 9 - 3 position. If I dohold the steering straight then the car goes off to the left. It is bugging me and I would like to sort it out. Anyone had this and sorted it? I did look up info on the search menu but couldn't seem to find a difinative answer. Any help/advice????

[Y]

Jon

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
I have had mine done too and it has seemed over time to be between 9-3 and 10-4. Given the general camber of the construction of the roads where they are slightly higher in the middle to allow rain to fall to the gutters and drains I figure the slight change in the steering wheel where it is very slightly off centre accounts for that.

·
Adrian
4,149 Posts
it might be that someone's had the steering wheel off, and not lined it up properly when putting it back on. disconnect the battery, remove the airbag, and undo the spline bolt, then you can line it back up.

Follow imagewerx's guide here You'll need an M12 XZN / triple square spline to get it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts