Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ... I just wanted to check if anyone could think of what's wrong with my car before i go to the garage ... basically my steering seems to have gone from bad to worse and its starting to drive me crazy, the symptoms are when driving in a straight line say in 2nd gear if you was to put your foot down the car wants to chuck you either left or right sharply almost if like the wheels go where ever they want to go i have to fight to keep it straight, or if i was to go over a small bump on either side the wheel is pulling me into it literally its scares the hell out of me sometimes as it chucks you the other direction ... if it helps when i jacked the front of my car up and span the steering left and right there's a scraping/creaking noise! ...

it just doesn't seem right no more ive had new track rods fitted & ball joints but still no luck i think it could be the steering rack but i don't have a clue ... if any one can shed any light on what could be wrong that would be great ... cheers guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
possibly wheel bearings,grab the wheel when jacked up pull it side to side now you changed the other parts,if there is any play it could be either bearings or rack ends.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers mate, i changed to powerflex bushes front & rear wishbone about 6months so i doubt it will be them, but il have a look again. also changed the full track rod, ends, and ball joint last weekend hoping it was that but nothing still a death trap to drive ...

I havent check the wheel bearings yet so defiantly will give that a try on the weekend, this car is starting to drive me crazy its almost as it wants me to crash lol ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts