Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just popped into a new dealers on my way home from a night shift to see if there were any Gtis for immeadiate delivery and was shown the showroom model in Steel Grey with Leather which I can have for next week at 22,370 it looks so much nicer than the red one that my GF test drove before Xmas and somehow even though it was on 17's they looked bigger!. They have offered me 25,500 for my A4 cab which cost me 30k 3 months ago but after a bit of haggling they will possibly goto 26k if I buy the Gti today, I am very tempted as I need a car which I can leave on the street due to a house move and the Gti looks less conspicuous than the A4 I left the deal as I have'nt had any sleep and did not want to make a rash decision. Since getting home I have called 4 dealers and they only have 5 doors with 17's. What would you guys do? Should I wait and get one with 18's and cloth when I can or does anyone know where one is available or should I go for the other choice which is the A3 DSG TDi Sline?? I need some kip but can't seem to get any whilst trying to make my mind up[|)]

·
Registered
285 Posts
well if its a choice of colors i'd go with the steel grey, everyone and there granny is getting the black and red ones - i went for a steel grey 2.0tdi over a black one and i love it. I still think should i have gone for the black now and again, but the steel grey looks cool - AND - it doesnt get dirty as easy, go for it i say :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I went back and did the deal and got another 600 off so very pleased. I pick her up on Tuesday if the insurance has come through. Spec is Steel Grey with the grey leather, heated seats, 6CD and armrest. It has the 17's which would not have been my 1st choice but they look good enough. Roll on Tuesday[:D]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
My local dealer has a Steel Grey 5 door with 17's and Leather, i think it looks great, really classy and subtle just the way i like...

Good choice imo, don't forget the piccies..... [:D]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quote: posted by mags on 21/01/2005 20:49:48

Well I went back and did the deal and got another 600 off so very pleased. I pick her up on Tuesday if the insurance has come through. Spec is Steel Grey with the grey leather, heated seats, 6CD and armrest. It has the 17's which would not have been my 1st choice but they look good enough. Roll on Tuesday[:D]

I'll let you off the red quote[:D]

Chiswick has a car with cloth and 18" [^]

Good choice though.

Jonathan

RED GTI

·
Registered
242 Posts
This is my own personal opinion, but nice though the A3 is, especially in S-Line trim, i have real trouble justifying the price of it. When i was looking to change my 118d i looked at one albeit a petrol 1600 FSI and like it a lot until probing the price lists further. Nice car but I think the Golf offers similar value for money and possibly stronger residuals, my partner has recently part exchanged their Akoya silver TDI 140 Sport and got just ?15750, after just 18 months and that was against a new 2.0T S-Line. Delivery for that is long too at 4 months.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chiswick has a car with cloth and 18" [^]

Good choice though.

Jonathan

RED GTI
Sorry Chins the red looks good but I like the grey as it looks more subtle and a little less in your face plus it matches my hair [;)]

I would have liked black but after getting the Anni and the Cab in black I decided that I'd had enough of the hassle involved in cleaning them.

I have my test drive later today which I'm really looking forward to. It will be nice to have a bit of power again[:)]

·
Registered
285 Posts
well done, best of luck with it and make sure to post pics when you get - I'll be posting pics as soon as it stops raining, which should be......August??

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked up my Gti today and was not sad to see the Cab go. 1st impressions are very good, the build quality is far better than any other VW I have had with as yet no rattles but it has only done 24 miles. The sound from the Turbo is much more prominent than on the Anni or TT and the exhaust note is pretty cool too. The leather in mine looks really good and having seen the cloth today in the demo car I am glad I opted for it I think it is a Love it or hate it senario. Overall so far I am really happy with my choice with the only downsides being that the stereo really is'nt that good as it sounds as though it is on rear fader all the time even though it is not and that my bottle opener was missing which the dealer is ordering in because a quick check of the others they had showed they had also gone walkies. I took the GAPwith it to and managed to get that down to 250 so all in all a pretty good day[:D]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quote: posted by mags on 25/01/2005 20:19:42

Picked up my Gti today and was not sad to see the Cab go. 1st impressions are very good, the build quality is far better than any other VW I have had with as yet no rattles but it has only done 24 miles. The sound from the Turbo is much more prominent than on the Anni or TT and the exhaust note is pretty cool too. The leather in mine looks really good and having seen the cloth today in the demo car I am glad I opted for it I think it is a Love it or hate it senario. Overall so far I am really happy with my choice with the only downsides being that the stereo really is'nt that good as it sounds as though it is on rear fader all the time even though it is not and that my bottle opener was missing which the dealer is ordering in because a quick check of the others they had showed they had also gone walkies. I took the GAPwith it to and managed to get that down to 250 so all in all a pretty good day[:D]

Not as convinced as you on the exhaust note, but agree on the Leather and funnily enough I checked out the fader on the stereo as well[:O]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will get some pics sorted on Friday as the car is filthy from the drive into work. I can't beleive how much torque it has low down, I managed to stay in 6th for most of the journey in. Nice to have heated seats again after the cold snap.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Might be able to make a meet for next month but this month is tight as I'm having a lot of work done on the house.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts