Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What mods can you do that won't get noticed by the wife or girlfriend? I'll get the ball rolling:

• Upgraded light bulbs
  • Brake discs and pads
  • Engine tuning (remap, big turbo, induction) - as long as you drive with restraint

Excuses for stuff lying in the house not fitted yet:

• ARB = barbell or some other exercise equipment
  • Coilovers = new pogo sticks

Stuff you defo can't do:

• Big rimz
  • Rock hard sports suspension
  • Max Power paint job

[:|]

P.S. Just a bit of fun after cracking up at dannyboy's anecdotes from the Krispy Kreme meet yesterday [:D]

·
Registered
352 Posts
you could add: aero wipers, stubby aerials, changes to badges, tt pedals, anything under the bonnet that's not loud! (well, that's what I've got away with so far!)

She may have even forgoten about the r32 arb that's still sitting in the shed!

·
Registered
379 Posts
When i modified my front bumper to the Oettinger one...my gf was totally oblivious!! But she dont care, she aint the one paying for them [:(]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Hi all

i tried the tinting window trick but not a chance the first thing she said was "what you done to the windows"
UMMMMMMM![:O]

I dont know love

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Fire brigade had to poke a ladder through the car, it's OK though I got it done on the insurance but the only problem was that they could only get tinted glass at short notice and I didn't fancy leaving it in the street with no windows..."

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if you are only doing RS4s because they look similar, we could arrange to put your car on bricks one day.

"Oh look love, someone's nicked my wheels, damn, better get new ones, what shall I, sorry, we, get?"

[:p]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
I like your way of thinking[:D] but its a company car so I need to get it passed my employer too...my plan is to try and change them when I need new tyres ( and rather oddly, the fronts seem to be wearing out quickest [*-)] )

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fitted rear hatch spoiler yesterday.Car was sitting in the drive,spoiler taped down with loads of masking tape.

She parked the other car next to the Golf and walked straight passed without even noticing[:O][:O]

Stealth mode [:D][:D]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She probably did notice and will bring it up over dinner in a posh restaurant next week and you'll suddenly choke to death on your lobster soup or something [:D]

·
Registered
178 Posts
My missus cant tell the difference between a polo and a golf. I reckon i could stealth mod it into a Dodge Viper without being noticed :)

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like your way of thinking[:D] but its a company car so I need to get it passed my employer too...my plan is to try and change them when I need new tyres ( and rather oddly, the fronts seem to be wearing out quickest [*-)] )
Go to Happy Snaps and get life-size colour prints of your current wheels, cut around them carefully so they're like wheel trims then stick over your new blingin' BBS LMs or whatever when you're at work [:D]

·
Registered
324 Posts
Rofl! But don't change the colour, that's the first thing they'll ask about!!!!

Changed my standard 16" Gti Alloys for 18" RS8's and it took a fortnight of me dropping hints about them for her to finally say - 'what did your old ones look like????'

The Prawn

·
Registered
423 Posts
Swap for an R32 and tell here you traded it in for a cheaper model [:D] Tell her you will spend the extra cash on some DIY bits around the house and she'll know then that she'll never get to see a penny of the imaginary cash! Jobs a goodun [Y]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts