Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fitted some JOM coilovers a few months back, and the tyre/arch gap on the offside rear changes from day to day. You can normally just fit your hand between the two, but sometimes the arch is almost slammed onto the tyre.

Any simple explanations?

The odd thing is that my nearside rear is the one that always rubs up when I hit bumps and such, and never the offside rear, when its the offside thats slight;y lower by approx 2mm

Bit odd

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've taken that into account and the problem still remains. I have a different ride height on the same place on my drive on a different day...

Edit: And an almost empty boot and rear seats, and I never seem to have much fuel in my tank either...

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Push down on all corners and see if all corners bounce the same amount, its just a quick test but something obvious might rear its head.

Peter

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had the same issue on the front it is because they settle over time I was thinking someone was messin with me! but check that the unit is not faulty the push test would be a good way to do this...if that corner feels sloppiy then its either faulty or something is not tightened up correctly...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, they've been fitted for 6 months so they should have settled by now surely

No I've not jacked it up yet, I may have to do

I'll try this push test when I go out later, Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts