Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
I always use BP ultimate. If there are times that I go for regular diesel, You can notice that the engine lacks that typical diesel thump when you push the accelarator.

It's not massively different, but you can feel it. For me it makes the engine feel a bit more relaxed to use (less gear changing to get power) and it's definatly quieter on Ultimate

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just watched that fifth gear test , i was actually surprised . I usually always use BP ultimate with a double shot of millers in for good measure . Reason why i was wondering was just recently got my 130bora mapped but it was only putting out 115hp without map and 153hp with map and thats with everything under the sun checked part from having BP ultimate in the tank :-(

·
Registered
94 Posts
I alternate between V-Power & Ultimate diesel as I've got both stations within a mile of my house. You can easily tell the difference in relation to the reduction of noise from the engine and acceleration feels more smooth. At £60+ to fill my tank I couldn't care less about a £1-2 difference.

Just to note my 1.9TDi seems to like the Ultimate fuel better gets a tad more miles over V-Power.

·
Registered
135 Posts
too right who cares about paying an extra couple of quid, look after you engine more and stop being tight and use ultimate or v-power, this stuff is proven to be better for you car both power and economy wise

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've recently started using V-Power Diesel on about my 4th tank and.

mpg has jumped by 2-3 and i doubt ill ever go back to the normal horse piss.

Engine is sounding quieter too haven't really noticed anything about pull or gearing though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts